1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Good detergent for interior

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by andreimontreal, Aug 22, 2020.

1. andreimontreal

andreimontreal Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  2. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I pretty much do my normal laundry with a stuff called Atsko Sport Wash, which is very free of fragrance. It is marketed to hunters, to avoid giving scent cues to game. That's not why I use it, but that is what I like about it.

It is quite concentrated (packaged for high-efficiency washing machines, a very little goes a long way), but I have used various dilutions of it for just about anything I wanted to clean with a very no-extras-added detergent.

andreimontreal likes this.
  3. andreimontreal

andreimontreal Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    So I can do the car's interior with no issues? The upholstery too? What dilutions have you tried on carpets to make it easy to remove while having enough strength left in the detergents?

EDIT: btw ottomh I heard something in a detailing video about needing pH neutral detergents for the car - asking if you know anything regarding this detergent's pH or how important is that for the car. Can't find the vid for now.

EDIT 2: quick search I found a similar sports detergent which, they say, is pH neutral - Nathan Power Sports Wash . Great tip btw - I didn't think of searching like that, I was stuck in the "car carpet" loop.

#3 andreimontreal, Aug 22, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2020
  4. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I have no particularly formalized approach to the dilutions; I start with "a bunch of water" and "not much of a capful" and if I don't like what that does, I do something else. :)

As a guide, half a capful of this stuff is the right amount for a load of laundry in my front-loader. And the cap is not big.