1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Good news, bad news

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Festus, Oct 16, 2006.

1. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    just add the guy to the "world is flat, dont do it, you will sail off the end of the Earth" group.

2. Silverlode

Silverlode New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Festus @ Oct 16 2006, 01:07 AM) [snapback]333312[/snapback]</div>
    So what's the problem? Sounds like you're holding a grudge. Get over it. His mistake, your mistake, whatever.

3. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(nerfer @ Oct 17 2006, 12:39 PM) [snapback]333962[/snapback]</div>
    As a matter of fact Ford sent an escape and a mariner to our department with the hide-a-way LED lights (blinky blue lights) The mariner was sent back as it was too flashy, the escape didn't fair well with the CAD system (Computer Aided Dispatching) the lap tops are pulling power all the time.. The hybrid escapes have had the blue lights replaced with yellow and were sent to the public works & code enforcement due to they just need a normal use vehicle.

The crown vic is the last of the big police cars[​IMG]. Alot of cities are going to the Chevy impalas due to cost,[​IMG] their cheaper than the fords. We use the expedition & the explorer as well. I asked for another Hybrid I'll just wait and see what happens.. B)

4. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(priusguy04 @ Oct 17 2006, 12:53 PM) [snapback]334084[/snapback]</div>
    Take a look at this

http://www.canadiandriver.com/articles/ly/tfs_high_hy.htm

5. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tideland Prius @ Oct 17 2006, 04:24 PM) [snapback]334126[/snapback]</div>
    Must be nice, ;) Our agency looked at the hilander but toyota wouldn't budge on the price. At least thats what I was told... Heck I'd drive one of those any day... :)

6. Pious

Pious New Member

With all the FUD (Fear, Uncertainty, Doubt) that's been thrown around on our cars, it comes as no surprise that many people are simply ignorant and/or misinformed. I wouldn't take it too personally, since the masses no longer have the attention span to stay informed and do their own research to come to their own conclusion. Instead, they let others do the thinking for them (pundits) who often are ignorant/misinformed themselves, and/or have some agenda. These people read a headline or skim some articles and all of a sudden they are hybrid experts. Then again some of these are the same people who rushed out and contributed to the dot com bubble (flush with cash with no business model??) just because the headlines and "analysts" said so.

Often, they can be shot down fairly easily if you know your stuff, and their arguments start falling over like a stack of dominoes. Then they often make it personal or make cheap attacks on the car (comparing it's speed/HP/acceleration to that of sports cars??) Is it worth your breath? Maybe if you are insecure in your own decision to buy the Prius. Otherwise, there are just too many damn people out there that fall prey to FUD. You'd be like a broken record, repeating yourself over and over again.

Can't help everybody in the world. You can help yourself though; keep up with your research, do the math, and know your facts and you should be all set.

Just my 2.