1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Good Pic of Toyota Billboard

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by OUscarb, Dec 18, 2005.

1. Salsawonder

Salsawonder New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    If you come out to California I would definitely recommend giving Toyota Carlsbad a call. These folks were great. I went to test drive and came home with the car I wanted the same day for MSRP. It was pure luck as the people who had my car on hold lost their loan the Friday before and I was there Monday morning. Good Luck!

2. LA FREEWAY

LA FREEWAY New Member

I drive by this billboard everyday heading south on the 405 from West L.A.

Makes me happy to see my own miles being added to this billboard, when I drive pass it everyday. :D

Anybody else on Priuschat who drives past this billboard everyday?

3. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I used to drive that route every day for 1.5 years, when I lived in El Segundo and worked in Huntington Beach. Boy, I sure don't miss that drive. I only frequent the area about once a week or every 2 weeks, depending on if there are any old movies playing at Old Town Music Hall in ES that I want to see. I've seen that billboard 3 times in the last 3 weekends-attempted a very sorry, blurry picture of it once. But it's in a tough spot, unless one has a passenger who can focus solely on taking the picture for you. Or if you can get down below the billboard near Pacific VW to get a standstill shot.

4. LA FREEWAY

LA FREEWAY New Member

You must be a movie buff to watch a movie at the Old Town Music Hall. That's really a locals place for El Segundo residents. I can't talk... somtimes I 'll go to the Silent Movie Theater in the Fairfax district..not far from Canter's Deli and catch a weird flick there. Isn't El Segundo a strange town? The cops have nothing to do there, but pull people over for a minor traffic violation on Main Street.
    Yeah, thought about taking a photo of the sign, but it's not worth getting into a accident with Giant Tofu for just a photo. I also had thought about taking a photo from the Pacific VW..realized the billboard will be to high up from that vantage point.

5. Drifter

Drifter Member

I'd suggest calling dealers in downstate Illinois, and more rural areas of Missouri. I'm from the Chicago suburbs but managed to track down my prius in only a week last january. I bought it from the dealership in Mount Vernon, IL after calling several dealers around the state. Everyone near the city was quoting 6-9 month waits at that point in time. It might be harder to find what you want with the tax credit starting, but its worth a try.

6. Rancid13

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Oh, I love OTMH! When we moved there a couple years ago (my husband grew up there) he neglected to tell me about the place, although he knew of my love and appreciation for old movies (I'm addicted to Turner Classic Movies). I discovered the place during a walk (we also lived on Richmond St-same street that OTMH is on, but further up) and just about died when I saw their movie schedule posted outside.

I've spent many a Saturday afternoons in that place, it's just fun with the WurliTzer organ, the singalong to old songs, the silent short before the movie, then the main feature. Great way to spend an afternoon, that's for sure. Can't beat it at $7. I love it so much I don't mind making the ~25-mile trek from Los Al, sometimes with my Grandma or old-movie-loving-best-friend in tow. :)

El Segundo is definitely a strange town. Very cute, in an old-town Main Street America sort of way-certainly does not feel like you're in the middle of LA, that's for sure. Funny you mention the cops-In the 1.5 years we lived there, I managed to get pulled over 3 TIMES for nothing at all. Never got cited, never got a warning, guess the cops were just bored.

7. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    The color and package you want is the most abundant and easiest to get. There's no need to wait. You should have had one by now. No need to wait until April. No need for multiple deposts at multiple dealers.

And yes, you can come to CA and drive back. It shouldn't matter where you buy the car as far as your loan goes.

I recommend Howard Sheehy, Internet Sales manager at Kearny Mesa Toyota. They never mark up beyond MSRP and they do a lot of volume so they get a lot of cars. They can be found on the internet and you can contact him through e-mail. You should get a reply within a few hours. He should be able to find you the exact package and color you want.

Tell him Mary recommended him. Black Prius with the big "owie" in front. He'll know who I am.

http://www.kmtoyota.com/location/san-diego-toyota/index.jsp

(BTW the website kinda sucks. Way too much flash garbage. I've told them and told them but they think it's just great.)

You can call Howard direct at: 1-858-335-5815

howard@ kmtoyota.com

Kearny Mesa Toyota
    4910 Kearny Mesa Blvd
    San Diego, CA 92111

If you end up flying in to get it, let me know. If I can't pick you up at the airport and drive you there I'll see if I can meet you there or somewhere else before you drive back.

8. jayselle

jayselle Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    V
    If it is Bob Howard, STAY CLEAR.

They are a terrible dealer with shady salesman and an even shakier finance department.

I bought my Prius there and it was a very painful experience. If I had to do over again I would of went somewhere else, but at the time they were my only option to get a Prius in a reasonable amount of time.

9. LA FREEWAY

LA FREEWAY New Member

Hey Rancid13,

I hate loud and crowded movie theaters. I love a movie theater where you can really get deep into the movies artistic creation.

I also never got a ticket in El Segundo. I learned some tricks from my LAPD friend on how to avoid traffic stops. Below are some easy pointers on avoiding being pulled over.

Learned LAPD pulls any car over which may be old and dirty, have moon rims, spinner wheels, Power 106 and 100.3 the beat bumper stickers, any Mexican radio station sticker or flag, purple peeling tint on the windows, DMV number permit on the rear window, tweety sticker and lowered car....You get the idea.

If your car is Ghetto you will be pulled over.

Have you ever been to the Orange County Prius Club, Since you live close to the Orange Curtain. I've gone twice.

10. jsf

jsf Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    The Prius is low enough to qualify.

11. OUscarb

OUscarb Member

I agree totally with you. And throw Fowler in there as well, Bozo's. I'm getting mine at Hudiburg. I talked with them and they had 3 coming in at MSRP. I picked one, put a deposit on it. I just got the VIN # and it should be here this week. They even said they would hold it till Jan 2nd for me. So far I have no complaints with Hudiburg, although they only recently quit adding the market adjustment garbage.

OUscarb

12. Rancid13

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    LOL, NONE of those descriptions fit my current car, a 1996 Saturn SC2. SO not ghetto! I may have ~6 bumper stickers/decals (bands) but that's it. I'm only as Mexican as my heritage (1/2) but don't look it or act it. My car is sometimes dirty, but gets a good washing once a week, I hate spinning rims, I hate 105.9 and 100.3, can't stand the ranchero music, have no tint on any windows, no DMV permit in window, no Tweety, no lowered car. I'm a good driver, adhere to all posted speed limits, traffic signals, stop signs, etc.

I've never been to an OC Prius Club...where is it? I don't feel I qualify yet, as I'm still a waiter. Should have my Prius sometime in January. Very very soon. :)

13. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    What color? Mine was black. 1996 SC2 Coupe, Anniversary LTD ed. with tan leather interior.

Yet another former Saturn owner switching to Prius.

I wonder what the percentage is? Seems higher than normal odds.

14. Rancid13

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Black gold. :) Tan cloth interior. do not know which edition, I bought it in Dec '96 after the first owner (only 4,000 miles on it) passed away and gifted it to a niece who had no need for it. I had just totalled another 1996 SC2 (green w/tan cloth interior)-not my fault, btw, about the collision- which I purchased used in June 1996 at Saturn of Huntington Beach. Nice replacement- several more 'options' if you can call them that (cruise control, power windows, power door locks).

And I should mention, 177,540 and going strong. Need a newer car that's more family friendly with low emissions, better mpgs, that's all. Can't fit much in the backseat of an SC2.

Yeah, there do seem to be a lot of former Saturn owners on PC, I posted a thread about it a few weeks ago. Lots of converts. :)

15. windstrings

windstrings Certified Prius Breeder

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Those are good rules for anywhere... To make thier job easier and increase the percentages of profitable pull overs... they definatly profile whether concious or not.

My first car was a 64 Olds cutlass... 60's on the back airshocks had the rear jacked... rabbit fur in the back window "the vinyl was cracked otherwise underneath".
    I got pulled over "alot"!
    As soon as I sold my car and got a Plymonth grand fury... big brown tank of which I also kept clean like a shiny penny.. I "never" got pulled over! :lol: