1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Good Prius mechanic sought in NC

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Zradub, Oct 26, 2022.

1. Zradub

Zradub Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Any good Prius mechanics/shops in NC? I’m in Wilmington, but will drive a few hours to be able to diagnose my front suspension issues.
    2010 Pkg 5 w/ Tech pkg

2. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    I've got several me vies here in town city of medicine Durham. A few places in chapel Hill close to carrboro NC. Suspension should not be too too tricky it's just the front drive car with pretty much the standard type of suspension of most cars in that size glass like Yaris Corolla etc I can't imagine what the problem is but even so now if something's bent and you need a frame shop I need to send you somewhere else which is probably somebody in Wilmington body and frame straightening is pretty much universal that wouldn't be Toyota specific but the bin would have to be fairly noticeable anyway good luck if I can be of help let me know have a great body guy in Durham too.

3. Zradub

Zradub Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    It’s just eating tires. And might need new wheel bearings. Thanks for your help.

4. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Inside edges I'm taking it?

5. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    I would think if my wheel bearings had settled like that when I lifted the front end of the car up right there at the front control arm just a little bit off the ground enough to get a bar under it I would be able to move that wheel as it sits in its bearing up and down about oh I don't know 1/8 to a quarter of an inch maybe more I would think to get it to where an edge of the tire in or out inside where is usually toe being way out or being out I thought I'm adding that problem right now on my two and it's not had an alignment since I've had it so that's the first thing on the list The three that I own the first time I took it in and put tires on it the alignment was perfect and all in the green