1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

GOOD retailers!

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Stevewoods, Dec 9, 2022.

1. Stevewoods

Stevewoods Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I KNOW hard to believe -- had two retailers shine today. Took daughter's car in today for new tires at Costco. Never bought tires at Costco but I will again,

She has been on the USA East Coast for the past few years. A job thing. BUT she just had an offer for a job on the USA West Coast and she has taken it.

Drove her car out over Thanksgiving and will return in January.

Being a paranoid father I checked out her car and noted the tires were marginal, but they were the "new" all-weather type that can sorta be a snow tire and sorta of not, but you can run them all year long.

Took into Costco to replace. They said the hubs and the sensors were extremely rusted (salt on the roads back east) and they broke one sensor during the install. BUT they replaced it free of charge and also "synched" it to the car. No other local dealer that I know of would have gifted us the $50.

And -- Zappos -- a shoe place. I have "odd-sized" feet and cannot find shoes locally. Zappos has been my go-to. I order three or four "acceptable" pairs that may fit and when they get here, I find out. Recently order three pairs of insulated hiking boots, One fit, Rest went back, Took my return to UPS this morning for a FREE shipping return at 10 a.m. Had an email from Zappos at 11 a.m. that they had refunded my fees.

Some may say Zappos charges more,,,,well for the most part,,,in my experience not really. Although sometimes they do, but the customer service is worth the cost

#1 Stevewoods, Dec 9, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2022
    bisco likes this.
  2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    costco gets a lotof love around here, and from wall street.
    huge zappos fans. long before amazon bought them. we used to order footwear and it would show up in an hour or two.
    fortunately, amazon hasn't killed it. not quite as good as before but still very good.

the guy who helped the founder bring it to the internet was a paranoid genius. sadly, he eventually committed suicide.

Tony_Hsieh

Merkey likes this.
  3. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    I’ve had “mixed” experiences with Costco Port Coquitlam store’s tire department: some good, some ok, some blinking infuriating. Depends a lot on the management I think.

We were just down at Lee Valley Tools this aft, very nice place, good displays, products, pre-order on website and pick up. Then browse a bit while there…

Are they in the States too; not sure. Feels like a US store.

addendum: think just Canadian, but do ship to States.

#3 Mendel Leisk, Dec 9, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2022
  4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    not around here, that i've seen

5. Merkey

Merkey Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Not seen around here (Michigan) either.

6. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Does anyone carry EEE wide shoes?

Ordinary ‘W’ shoes have to be bought at least one size too large. The excess toe space leads to clown-like clomping and even tripping.

Bob Wilson

7. Trollbait

Trollbait It's a D&D thing

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Stores or manufacturers?
    New Balance was once the only brand to have wide shoes available. I've seen wide Sketchers in the stores. Online stores are probably the only place to reliably find wide sizes.

8. jdenenberg

jdenenberg EE Professor

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius
    Model:
    LE AWD-e
    I see D, EE, and EEEE at New Balance (I get the EEEE). It's like shirt sleeve length these days. You cam get 32-33 and 34-35 so my dress shirt sleeves are either too short or too long.

JeffD

bwilson4web likes this.
  9. Stevewoods

Stevewoods Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Width is also my issue.

Would suggest visiting the Zappos Web site and go to "men's shoes." Once there, look for the "filter" option, which gives you the chance to filter all sorts of things -- style, purpose, brand, even width.

Clicking on the filter for 4EEEE it says they have some 679 shoes that meet that criteria.

You can order, try them on when they arrive, if they don't fit, pack them back up, start your return online where you are given a few different ways to return for "free," including a QR code that can be scanned at a local UPS store. You hand UPS your boxed shoes, UPS scans your QR code and prints out a shipping label on the spot and slaps it on your box. You leave without your box, you are done.