1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Good riddance Prius, Hello Mustang

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by Pretext, Apr 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HaveNoCents

HaveNoCents Conservative Tree Hugger

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I'm not having a difficult time accepting it. Apparently you are when you quoted the highway mileage figure for the mustang. I could give a rats nice person what you drive or what you can afford. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that you need some kind of positive reinforcement about your car purchases. I guess you have difficulty in this area. I find it amusing that you actually bought a car that you hate. Good job!

2. Pretext

Pretext New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Well, I didn't hate the Prius at first, it was only after living with it after a year, that it was not delivering as a fun and safe car,it really has a safety issue with the brakes. It's just didn't have the mileage over time that made the car worth the cost of not having fun. The Prius is not a fun car to drive.

3. g-man

g-man New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I rather new to these boards, but I just wanted to point out that these posts are some of the funniest I've read in a long time - so thanks to the OP for having the courage to reveal his "shortcomings." Wait, I meant the car's shortcoming.

PS- as a Mustang aficionado, if it's not a V8 then you bought an overpriced Focus.

4. Pretext

Pretext New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I guess you haven't driven the Mustang V6 yet, 305 HP or you wouldn't have mad that comment. I've had faster cars, much faster, but this one has a check mark in all the right boxes, it's about handling. Right, the Prius does have problems and the folks here simply can't stand it when someone says they don't like the precious Prius and points out that as a fact.

5. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    The only thing I don't understand is why the OP felt the need to make the original post inflammatory. There are many, many different cars on the market. If we all wanted to drive the same thing we'd only need one model. Obviously we don't.

So why make a big deal out of it? The basic information is useful to someone trying to decide whether to buy a Prius or a more traditional car, but there was no need to poke a stick into the hive. The OP is venting internalized anger over making the wrong original automobile purchase, or perhaps feels a need to prove his masculinity.

Either way, I wish people could lay off the hype and stick with just the useful information.

Tom

6. Keiichi

Keiichi Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I would agree with qbee... This is not really the place for this in general, especially when it was originally posted in the wrong forum section, got moved here and now at least 3 pages in length that seem less about keeping it 'civil'.

7. Paradox

Paradox Prius Enthusiast / Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    This thread is going nowhere fast, closing it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.