1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Good Toyota/Prius Dealers

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by Bill Merchant, May 31, 2005.

1. canesfan

canesfan Culture shocked...

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I saw my first one (besides mine) today parked in front of the credit union I was going to. There just happened to be an empty spot next to it so I pulled in. They had the same dark gray interior, but their's was cloth instead of leather. After completing my business I came out and it was still there, never saw its owner...

2. tbsb2

tbsb2 New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I bought a Package 6 from Daly City. Ask for Wil Cho- It was the best car buying experience I have ever had. I live in LA and just as I was going to purchase a Package 5 the Santa Monica dealership raised the price to $27,000 . I contacted dealers up North thru Edmunds and Wil from City Toyota in Daly City offerred me a Package 6 for $25,500 ($100 over invoice on May6th). Plus they gave me a 4.59% interest rate. It cost me $70 to fly into Oakland and 1 TANK OF GAS to drive home..I saved $2500 by doing a little research.....My drive home to LA was very sweet thanks to Wil Cho 415-812-2080....

Even if you have to a little more over invoice it's worth it---A very Honest Dealer!!!

DON'T FORGET TO TELL HIM TOM from Sherman Oaks referred you.

3. nomad

nomad Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    No Complaints with mine. 2008 Touring #3 Package and $600 discounted off of MSRP.

Central Maine Toyota

4. BeowulfSchmidt

BeowulfSchmidt Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I bought mine at Toyota of Louisville, on Dixie Highway in Louisville KY for just a wee bit below MSRP. This was at a time, September 2006, when the other dealers in town, Oxmoor and Greentree, quoted me a price of $5,000 and $2,000 above MSRP, respectively.

Salesman was Ed K, and there was none of that "talk to my manager" crap, and the entire dealership has been top-notch since my purchase.

I was even interviewed by a local TV station about my Prius. And they aired it!

5. Malkavian

Malkavian New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    I'm also working with Michelle--haven't sealed the deal yet but based on this and other reviews I'm highly confident. Will post more info once I get a specific dealership so I know who to give props to :)

6. adhd

adhd New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Wolfchase Toyota, internet salesman through Costco: Jerry Becker. Picked it up this evening and so far excellent:D

7. zymog

zymog New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I'd like to add another mention of Stokes Brown Toyota in Beaufort, SC. I paid MSRP for a Spectra Blue Mica package 2. Merick Sherline and the GM, Archie Brown were excellent to deal with. They don't even charge the "dealer fees" that most charge 299.00 or more for.

8. exbauer

exbauer Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I purchase mine from Alton Toyota in Alton, IL. It is basically 25 from St. Louis. They charged MSRP and threw in all season rubber floor mats. The car got in earlier than they quoted.

PM me if you want a referral.

9. kcpistol

kcpistol Byte Stylist

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I dealt with Adams Toyota in Lee's Summit and have found them to be a great outfit - I was able to get a good deal (under MSRP) although admittedly it was in April, before some of the present stampede of demand. They also handled an early service issue I had with great professionalism and courtesy. I would recommend them to anyone in the midwest wanting a reputable dealer.

10. Weirdo23

Weirdo23 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I picked up my 2008 Touring (package # 6), Spectra Blue Mica yesterday at Rodland Toyota in Everett, WA. I went through the Internet Sales Department and started the process with Wendy Cliffton. My final sales person was Mike Hilderbrand. It was a wonderful experience. Very knowledgeable, fair price, and no pressure at all. I would definitely do business there again.

Rick

11. incagirl

incagirl Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    TOYOTA of HOLLYWOOD

I bought my 2007 prius last sept. I went to Toyota of Hollywood and my salesman was Evan Lafair. He and I had exchanged emails for at least a year... since I was thinking about buying one, but hadn't "committed" yet. I never felt pressured from him, every few months, he would send me an email to just "check in". Even when I bought the car, he was not high pressure... he was really helpful. The service I've gotten from the dealership has been excellent, too. I definitely recommend them.

12. dbcassidy

dbcassidy Toyota Hybrid Nation, 8 Million Strong

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Acton Toyota

I picked up my 2008 package 3, Magnetic Gray today from Acton Toyota in Acton, MA.

I went through the Internet Sales Department. I started the ordering process with Juliana on May 22nd.
    I was given a fair price and would recommend them to anyone in the area who is looking for a Prius or any Toyota or Scion.

I've used their service department for the last 11 years and have always found them to be top notch. :first:

13. davidhol

davidhol New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    We bought our 2008 P1 from Mark Neumann at Auburn Toyota in N. California. No haggle over the price and excellent service. We paid sticker price of about $23,850. Good people do deal with.

14. rcaine

rcaine Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    One To Avoid

Toyota Mall of Georgia is one of the largest dealerships in Georgia but stay away. We talked to the Internet manager and got an appointment to go look at a Prius. We are an hour drive away. When we got there were dealt with my a junior associate rather than the manager we had the appointment with. We signed a contract for $5000 over MSRP (this was before we discovered Priuschat). An hour later when we got home we called and canceled the order. They canceled our order but 30 days later they still put through the charge for our $500 deposit. Oh and they don't sell at MSRP.

We found another dealership that took our order for MSRP. I'll report on them when we get the car.

15. ValerieG

ValerieG New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I’m happy with Middletown Toyota in CT. They were not pushy at all. They sell at MSRP. Our salesman was Bill Augenfeld.
    I was pretty happy, too, with the trade in of my old 12-year-old Saturn. About what I’d researched on the internet, and I really don’t think it was in great condition though we had it detailed first, and had just had an oil change so the little sticker was visible. That MAY have helped.

16. belhai

belhai Zebadoh

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I bought a package #2 from Antwerpen Toyota in Clarksville, Maryland back in Feb. '08. The experience was very pleasant and was quoted an OTD price of $22,800. Much lower than what other dealers could offer at the time.

However, not living close to this dealer I first spoke to Lustine Toyota in Woodbrigde, VA. I told them I would buy the car from them if they could give me an OTD price of $23,000 for the package #2. After dealing by phone with one of their sales people, the owner's nephew got on the phone and while he did not assure me this price, he said that he never lost a deal over a couple hundred bucks. Believing him (unfortunately), I went down to their dealer. As soon as I arrive, I learn that neither the owner's nephew nor the guy I originally conversed with were there. So of course, the bozos I talked to at the dealer that night would not come close to my desired price, wanting about $500 more. I felt this was a carappy sales tactic to use...promise a price, but then disappear so that the other sales people cannot honor it.

I walked out and drove to Maryland and bought that night from Antwerpen Toyota. I then emailed Lustine and told them that they lost a sale because of their crappy car salesman tactics.

- Brandon

17. 08 mag grey

08 mag grey New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I had a very good experience with Precision Toyota in Tucson.
    520-795-5565. I worked with Paul Anthony
    They were up front with everything and delivered the car 20 days after
    I ordered it. The delivery process was complete and when we got home the day of the delivery there was a very nice front door mat with our initial on it as a gift.
    I first went through Sam's Club internet for a price and the dealer contacted me the next day. The price was not negotiable but they did tint the windows no charge and I received a coupon good for $25.00 off any accessory.

18. cramam

cramam New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I had a great experience with Scott Manwaring at Ed Martin Toyota in Anderson, IN. No deposit required until I had a delivery date. He began calling with possible cars 4 weeks after I got on his list and delivered my second choice in 7 weeks. Price MSRP - $200 internet sales coupon + tax and $89 registration. No dealer add ons. Only typical dealer trick was trying to overcharge for the extended warranty at $1800 then reducing to $1170. This was the finance guy who must not be aware of Priuschat.

19. PriusSport

PriusSport senior member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I went to two dealers. The first one was bad--the second one was good. There is obviously a lot of variability in car dealerships--with every type of car. Some are honest; some are not so honest.

20. McBragg

McBragg New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius