1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Good Toyota/Prius Dealers

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by Bill Merchant, May 31, 2005.

1. Poppajack747

Poppajack747 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Maplewood Toyota
    Maplewood (Minneapolis/St Paul) MN 55109
    Gary Thorsten
    651-482-1322
    www.maplewoodtoyota.com

2. BobA

BobA New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    It's been almost a year, but I had a great internet salesman at Burt Toyota.. Jay Titterington ([email protected]) took care of everything via the internet.. only met him when Sherry and I picked up the car..

We had our 5000 mile service done while on vacation at Reno Toyota... excelant service department... quick in and out ...

Bob Andersen

3. IALTMANN

IALTMANN New Member

thanks..If I go gamble in Reno..got a Toyota dealer, and if I go to the mile high city, can get one there too...and yep definetly worth the wait!

4. tleonhar

tleonhar Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  5. Dave

Dave New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I bought my car at Toyota of Santa Cruz for MSRP. They've been servicing my car for the last year and a half, and they treat me right.

6. Beansy

Beansy New Member

Beaufort, South Carolina (previously NY, NY)
    Just picked up my prius from Stokes Brown Toyota, in Beaufort, SC. My dealer's name was Trey.... very helpful, no pressure, worked with me. One of the best car buying experiences yet!!! I was mildly afraid to drive it, being in a Jeep Wrangler for years. Trey called me at home to make sure I made it safely.

7. IALTMANN

IALTMANN New Member

Tthat's great.. Beansy, sounds like you got a good dealer..and Congrats on your new wheels.

8. evenjack

evenjack Junior Member

Here's another plug for the Denver area... Try Stevinson Toyota West. I bought my Prius for sticker price a year ago February (when they were so hard to get), and felt good about it.... When I closed the deal, the sales manager came over and told me that he was authorizing an additional $200 off.... I couldn't believe it... John P. is his name, and he's a great guy. Service there has been the best I've ever seen (this is my 22nd new car)... I'll definitely go back.

9. BobA

BobA New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(evenjack\";p=\"112608)</div>
    Wow I thought I'd had a lot of cars (14)...but hmmmmmmm 22.. that's worth 10 pts.. :lol:

Bob Andersen

10. mathman

mathman New Member

I was happy with Broadway Toyota in Portland (OR). No hassle. MSRP for any on the lot. Only hardsell was by finance manager (on extended warranty for $2k!) when closing the deal. All else was easy.

11. tmorrowus

tmorrowus Member

I saw someone recommending Dianne at Carson Toyota. At first she looked like she was a great salesperson to work with, offering better deals than MSRP and appearing very ethical. As time wore on though, it turned out that she wasn't honoring wait list order; her dealership was selling to people who paid above MSRP before people who had ordered long ago at under MSRP prices.

I was one of those people who ordered long ago... I gave her a deposit check of $500 (uncashed) and waited about a year for my Prius while watching her sell to other people who walked in with big pocketbooks. Eventually I got the message that she wasn't really interested in selling to me and bought elsewhere. I never received my $500 check back from Dianne or any confirmation that my order on 9/13/03 had been cancelled.

The annoying part was the doublespeak... she claimed to be selling in wait list order while acknowledging Priuses that were sold immediately for more than MSRP "by another part of her dealership".

If she had said "I made a mistake, I'm not going to sell you the car at the price I contracted with you" that would have been the decent thing to do. But instead she left lots of folks like myself waiting for her to fulfill a promise that she wouldn't fulfill.

12. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Dianne was always upfront that there were two sales tracks at her dealership. Instant gratification could be had from the retail side at a premium. Fleet and internet prices were honored by her department, but she made it very clear that substantial wait times were involved.

13. jwTXprius

jwTXprius Junior Member

Here in Dallas, TX, I had a good experience with Toyota of Richardson. Their Internet Director, Fabian Gaete, made it his job to sell me the car I wanted without stooping to cheesy, manipulative and outdated sales stunts.

Having made it clear that I was in no hurry to purchase,I paid MSRP and waited about a week for my car. During that week, they installed the leather seats, with a couple of days' wait for the leather they'd run out of.

During the buying process, I realized I'd felt nervous trying to work with another dealer who kept coming at me with one ridiculous ploy after another to mislead me and wear me down into their outlandish idea of a deal. :guns:

(Thanks PriusChat for teaching me what I needed to know about buying my car!) :clap:

With Fabian, I found myself relaxed and interested as he made experience-based suggestions for me to consider. :cool:

Fabian (with his previous experience at the Finance Desk) also helped me obtain a favorable interest rate with my lender.

Once my car was on order, he called me as needed during the week to update me on its transit.

For the next few days, Fabian will be on (a well-deserved) vacation. After that, he'll be back to sell you your new Prius

Contact me via PM for more info.

2005 Driftwood Pearl AI (#5)

14. PARAGINSYLACAUGA

PARAGINSYLACAUGA New Member

If your looking for a good dealer in Alabama see Glynn Smith Automotive in Sylacauga. They have a good small town atmosphere and mentality. Justin Parag is a good salesman to work with.

15. PARAGINSYLACAUGA

PARAGINSYLACAUGA New Member

In Alabama Glynn Smith Automotive in Sylacauga. Justin Parag is a good Salesman to work with.

16. new2green

new2green New Member

I searched SoCal and bought from the internet department at Crown Toyota in Ontario. Had to work a bit but got a deal below MSRP on a Seaside #3.

I did get the line that you can't buy an extended warranty after the purchase but I knew going in that that wasn't true so I smiled and said no thank you.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I second the vote for Alexandria Toyota, just outside DC. I bought a Tideland BC on July 20 and everything went perfectly. I never expected to actually enjoy the car-buying experience. Ask for Rob Barnhill for sales and Gena Edwards for your paperwork.

http://www.alexandriatoyota.com

http://www.toyotarob.com

18. TJandGENESIS

TJandGENESIS Are We Having Fun Yet?

★Lewisville, part of the Metroplex, Dallas, in the
    Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I have bought three cars from King Toyota/Scion in the last year. So I guess you can say, they treat me right.

Anthony Smith is my saleman's name.

19. JackDodge

JackDodge Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Toyota of Bloomfield
    1765 South Telegraph Road
    Bloomfield Hills, Michigan 48302

248-333-3300

http://www.toyotaofbloomfield.com/

They even have a Prius in stock at the moment. They're owned by UnitedAuto, Roger Penske's company. They're straightforward and honest and don't jerk you around. They don't charge above the MSRP for a Prius and they seem to be able to get hold of a Prius if you need it right away. They're also affiliated with the Honda dealership right next door, in case you're in the market for an Insight. The only thing that I don't like is that they don't have a WiFi network but if I keep bugging them about it, perhaps they will.

20. SeasideHawaii

SeasideHawaii New Member

Here one from Hawaii :D

Bob Keaulani
    Kaimuki Toyota

He is a winner. No presure... Walked us thru the WHOLE car. Took the time to even call me a week after we got the car to see if everthing was fine. Servco Hawaii the Toyota dealership is even having a meeting with all Prius owners in Hawaii to go over the car and stuff. It coming up in Nov.

Hawaii Servco even had cheaper insurance then allstate who was going to charge be Big $$$ to insure my new Baby.

Paid MSRP too