1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Good Toyota/Prius Dealers

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by Bill Merchant, May 31, 2005.

1. hockeybrat

hockeybrat Member

Jim Dawson (Internet Sales Manager) of Bob Bridge Toyota in Renton WA. The original gal who added me onto the list, Danna was no longer there but Jim was able to answer all my questions.

Edited to add - I was originally on a list with Puyallup Toyota but they were really difficult to get a hold of. I had questions during the wait period and they never responded. I ended up getting out of that list and onto the list at Bob Bridge.

2. Begreen

Begreen Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    We bought our 2006 for msrp in Portland from Gladstone Toyota via Travis. Very easy to work with and no surprises. And he does email, even picked me up at the airport. Nice folks. The car was detailed and ready to go.

3. ig_ron

ig_ron New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

For those looking for info in the Los Angeles, CA area, I posted a recap of my experience in the "LA Area Best Dealer?" thread.

Just wanted to also say thank you to all who posted as I definitely benefited from the info shared and was on the look-out for different things based on your experiences. Very useful site, thanks!

Take care,

Ron

4. beezy

beezy New Member

Patrick Grennan at Bob Bridge in Renton, WA. Talked to him over the phone and he told me that a Prius had landed and was being trucked to the dealership. Patrick was up front and told me that the car was priced at MSRP. When the car came in he gave me a call and I went to go pick it up. No hassles at all from anybody at the dealership.

5. Ed Vatza

Ed Vatza New Member

We picked up our 2006 Silver Pine Mica #3 yesterday from Dick Milham Toyota in Easton/Bethlehem, PA. Ordered it on February 15. It arrived on April 17. Where was I? In the hospital. Yuck! My wife called to tell me that our salesman (Peter Feld - super guy) e-mailed us a photo of the car coming off of the carrier. Very nice touch.

Paid MSRP. We were about #30+ on the list when we started. Peter did a great job of keeping us apprised of status and knows the Prius inside and out. Not like a salesperson at another local dealership who didn't know squat about the vehicle. Anyway, we're in our mid-50s and have bought a number of cars over the years. Peter Feld is the best salesperson we've ever had.

And I truly expect the Prius to be the best car we ever had.

6. KayEllen

KayEllen New Member

I had a good experience buying 2006 Prius package 7 from Joseph Wei of Stevens Creek Toyota in San Jose, CA. It was under MSRP and while he suggested buying other stuff, he was OK when I declined.
    I had a bad experience with Dianne of Carson Toyota when I bought my first Prius 2004.

7. kimharm

kimharm New Member

I picked up my 2006 package 5 from Riverside Town & Country in Escanaba, Michigan on April 13th and couldn't be happier. They were under MSRP by quite a bit. I live in Ohio and it took me two weeks to get there after the car came in and that wasn't a problem for them at all. There was no hard sell and no add-ons. My salesman was Jim Anderson.

8. roach52osu

roach52osu New Member

I suppose I should add this even if it took a while to get the car.

Tansky Sawmill Toyota
    Dublin, OH 43017
    614-766-4800

Sales person was Mark Keppel but ended the deal with a number of people (Mark will be back in May), Phil Bickel was also quite nice and even drove me a few miles the day after to get something I left out of my old car.

Deal was honest and agreeable (400 off msrp), fair trade for my old car, and best of all it was fast (only took 60 min for intro to car, financing, warranty and accessory information. I was also happy that the general manager came over after everything was done to see how it went and make sure they covered everything they are supposed to. The 6 months it took to get the car seemed to melt away with the ease of the actual purchase.

If you are going to buy in the shorthanded Prius market that is central Ohio and are willing to wait for the package you want I would recommend this dealer. (My parents bought from them back at te end of 05' and took delivery in less than 30 days)

They do get more than most, seems 6-20 prius come through their lot each month.

Just thought they deserved this particularly since they have now been waiting 2 weeks for me to get them some paperwork (out of my controle and theirs) they have been very nice about it.

Thanks!

9. galambos

galambos New Member

Just picked up car at Longo Toyota, in el monte. excellant expereince all around. paid MSRP, only add on was floor mats, but they also threw in xm radio with 9 months subscribition. NO high pressure sales. very easy to work with. Got a #3 in magnetic gray.

10. theorist

theorist Member

Salesman Jim Burrows at Toyota of Nashua, NH was absolutely terrific.

I took delivery of our Prius yesterday. This was the first time that I bought a car and could enthusiastically recommend the salesman and dealer.

We had been on the waiting list at our local Lexington Toyota (MA) since October. We updated our preferences in November when the 2006 package prices came out, but they still didn't have them recorded in February. I had been calling several other dealerships and finally placed an order with Jim Burrows at Toyota of Nashua, NH, in March. They promised a great price, on a Prius color and package we wanted, without unwanted accesories, delivered in 2-3 months.

And they did deliver, in May, 2.5 months later, at the agreed on great price, with our first choice of color and equipment, without any unexpected or unwanted charges. They even through in some significant freebies.

Jim Burrows was extremely knowledgeable (and not just for a car salesman), completely above board, exremely helpful, very patient, and always on top of the allocations and securing the car for us. He answered all our questions, made sure that our agreement was held to, and was never pushy. I've never had such a positive experience with a dealer or car salesman. It was well worth the half hour trips from Massachusetts and the legwork taking care of the MA title and registration.

11. scionfriar

scionfriar Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(andrew galambos @ May 17 2006, 10:16 PM) [snapback]257351[/snapback]</div>
    Great! I ended up ordering through Longo. How long did you end up waiting? And they gave you XM? I was told that XM wasn't available, only Sirius.

12. gracetaylor

gracetaylor New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jwTXprius @ Aug 9 2005, 01:57 PM) [snapback]114896[/snapback]</div>

Hate to disagree, but...
    Man, I had a HORRIBLE experience at Toyota Richardson.

Talked with two different salesmen there...They never listedn to me, even when I told them I knew what MSRP was and what I was willing to pay for a car...They lied, and tried every sleezy dealer trick in the book.

They told me that the MSRP on a package 5 was $32,000, but that IF I HURRIED to commit RIGHT AWAY, he could get me the GREAT deal of the package 5 for $27,000!

And that was AFTER I had told him that the MSRP on a package 5 was $25,565! SOOO SLEEZY!!!!!

Can't say enough about how horrible they were.

13. dragons

dragons New Member

Just picked mine up last week from Metroplex Toyota (Duncanville, TX). The internet sales team is great. Just under MSRP, no games or extra costs. Had to wait about 8 weeks. Great experience.

14. Bob Allen

Bob Allen Captainbaba

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Toyota of Lake City, in Seattle.
    James Toyota in Moses Lake, WA.

15. galambos

galambos New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(scionfriar @ May 18 2006, 07:17 AM) [snapback]257496[/snapback]</div>

oops your right, sirius - sorry.

16. Tuscany04

Tuscany04 New Member

Hey Dan,
    I am from Western Ny as well.
    I am currently on the waiting list at Dorschel Toyota in Rochester for a 06--did you have or hear of any experiences there? I have no idea how long I will be waiting there, but they seemed really nice.
    Maybe I will put my name down at Batavia as well!
    Thanks for the advice!

17. zzyzx

zzyzx Junior Member

I posted something long on the main forum, but I bought from Bob Bridge and I was quite happy with the experience. A few minor problems? Yeah, but on a scale from 1 to 10, I'd give it a 9. Nothing like getting my car a few days early with 9 miles on it for MSRP :)

I would definitely buy through them again.

18. smurf041

smurf041 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TJandGENESIS @ Aug 14 2005, 04:12 PM) [snapback]116660[/snapback]</div>
    Although I live in Broward County I bought my Prius from Toyota of Vero Beach. I need to service the vehicle locally. Do you use King for service? How about Al Hendrickson? I called them about XM Radio and they said that they could install one.

Smurf

19. celiac37

celiac37 New Member

I had a HORRIBLE experience at Penske Toyota in Downey.

On the phone, I was quoted MSRP. My fiancee and I took a day off work and drove an hour each way to Downey, and the dealer wanted a $5,000 market value premium.

This was the worst car buying experience of my life.

I am so frustrated that I most likely will never buy a Prius or a Toyota.

20. tacomel

tacomel New Member

Adding Fox Lake Toyota/Scion (Fox Lake, IL - NW of Chicago) to the "good"
    dealer list. We paid MSRP for our seaside pearl #5 and a minimal amount of
    add-ons which we would have wanted anyway - floor mats, glass break sensor
    (got discount on insurance), and the accessory pack. Best of all, we picked it
    up yesterday, within 24 hours of our first contact with them, due to a deal that
    fell through. There was very little hassle and besides pushing the warranty as
    I am sure all dealers do, it was a good experience. Our sales guy (Curt) was
    helpful and even entertaining at times. In summary, I highly recommend this
    dealer to anyone in northern Illinois or southern Wisconsin.

I'll add an edit to note that I also nominate Elmhurst Toyota/Scion (Elmhurst,
    IL - just off 290 west of Chicago) to the "good" list. From them we purchased our
    seaside pearl #7 with floor mats at MSRP. Even though we'd been driving a Prius
    for a couple days, our salesman, Rob S., was still able to add some useful tips
    and explain the nav system in enough detail to get us started for the trip home,
    but in enough brevity so that we were not there all day. He even offered us a
    couple of articles he'd printed out online about driving techniques - which we
    declined because we had already read them. Elmhurst was also a good experience
    and I highly recommend them as well.

Who's better? They're both good enough that whoever has your car the fastest is
    better for you. I'd return to either.