1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Good Toyota/Prius Dealers

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by Bill Merchant, May 31, 2005.

1. micheleoboe

micheleoboe New Member

I just purchased my '07 package 2 from Chuck Bryant at Gary Force Toyota in Bowling Green, KY. He was very helpful and low-pressure. I'm quite pleased with the deal - they came down $833 under MSRP and came up on my trade-in, too. I see on this list that people in the Baltimore/DC/VA area are getting amazing prices, but I was very impressed with their service and willingness to work with me, especially considering that this is a small town with no competition and that they have just started discounting these cars anywhere.

2. malibucarl

malibucarl Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

Just had a GREAT experience buying a pkg #2 at Simi Valley Toyota. Adrianne Smith, the salesperson was very knowledgeable and low key.
    She made an agreement on price and trade over the phone. The next day the car was ready to go. Took about an hour to do the paper work.
    Her contact info
    [email protected]
    805-526-7500
    PM me if you need additional info
    Carl

3. gotroot801

gotroot801 Junior Member

I had a good experience with Ken Sussman at Westbury Toyota, although he doesn't seem to know a whole lot about the Prius. Basically, I'd already done all the research and just wanted to go in for a test drive.

Their closers and finance people tried the hard sell to get me to buy Lojack and the extended warranty from them ("No one ever says no to either of these options" and "No one's going to sell you a platinum service agreement for less than $1900"), but beyond that, I had no problem.

4. blackprius2007

blackprius2007 New Member

Toyota Walnut Creek Inc
    2100 N Broadway
    Walnut Creek, CA 94596

Ask for George Michaelides (Internet Sales Manager). Excellent guy to work with. No sales pressure. 100% hastle free. Below MSRP.

5. morpheusx

morpheusx Professor Chaos

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I live in the Akron / Kent area and I am fortunate to have 3 Toyota dealers within about 10 miles from my house.

Dealer #1 Kent, OH Don Joseph Toyota, excellent test drive experience, but ultimately fumbled the ball when dealing with me because they tried to move me into a Corolla with the amount of money I was offering even though I knew the numbers added up and I knew it could be done.

Dealer # 2 Akron, OH Ganley Toyota, Never made it to the table with them because they don't carry the same vehicles that they put in their ads.

Dealer # 3 Akron, OH Montrose Toyota, Was willing to deal, and went out of their way to order the Magnetic gray that I wanted, even went as far as increasing the money in my trade when the deal almost collapsed on them, the salesman Garrett Bentley seemed to be upfront and honest with me, and kept in contact with me during the waiting for the car to arrive process. I also liked how they didn't pressure me for extra's during the signing of paperwork part.

6. priussoris

priussoris New Member

Very good Salesman Gary Willis @ Joe Machens Toyota-BMW-Scion in Columbia, Missouri.
    Had the prius that my wife and I both liked and gave more for our trade and gave us a our first oil change for free, and a great deal on the price. Told me who to see if I need service or when it's time for simple service as oil tires etc..
    even the Finance guy was good I told him one time I did not want any extras and that was that.
    aLso Garry let us test drive the prius for as long as we wanted no questions or worries.
    So if in MO. See Gary tell em Craig sent you.

7. FreshAirGuy

FreshAirGuy New Member

Just had a strange experience at Toyota of Texas in Grapevine Texas. Went in to but a 2007 package 6 touring Prius. The price was OK 27500. Leather seats, nav system, backup camera, etc etc etc. Got all the way to the finance office. There I was asked for permission to have the closing video taped and audio taped for "training" purposes as per corporate policy. I said no and the manager said they could not sell me the car so I walked out. I had bought a 2005 Prius and a 2004 Matrix there with no such drama. A friend suggested that there may be a law suit or some such that requires their taping closings. Any idea what video and audio taping is about?

8. FreshAirGuy

FreshAirGuy New Member

After my last post. I went that afternoon to Toyota of Irving, TX and bought the Red 2007 package 5 Touring model with all the same whistles and bells for a few bucks less than the deal made that morning. It took less than two hours to do the deal, paperwork and bring the car home. My opinion is that Toyota of Irving a mom and pop shop is a good dealer. The corporate dealership was a nightmare.

9. tnymntna

tnymntna New Member

Well, I had a terrific experience with Roger Smith and Sons Toyota in Kansas City, Kansas. The internet manager, Matt, was very easy to work with. I recieved my grey prius, package 1, for $100 below invoice, and he gave me 1 year free maintenence!

10. 1x1

1x1 Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tnymntna @ May 1 2007, 01:14 PM) [snapback]433396[/snapback]</div>
    Can I ask what the invoice price was?

11. akamai123

akamai123 Junior Member

Internet pricing replies from dealers say price valid until May/12. With economy trending down and Toyota saying flat sales for next 12 months do you think there may be a price break next week? If so how do we find out?

12. mschrank

mschrank New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Bill Merchant @ May 31 2005, 12:39 PM) [snapback]94334[/snapback]</div>

Bought my Red Prius Touring 2 weeks ago today at BURT TOYOTA, Denver, through the Internet Sales area.
    Brad Ambrozevitch (303-789-6626) was my internet sales guy. Did a terrific job in locating just what I wanted and at Invoice pricing. Brad has continued to follow up to make sure I am happy! One of the best/most courtious salespersons I have ever dealt with in my many years of buying new vehicles.

Mike

13. bnardone

bnardone New Member

14. mpgFanatic

mpgFanatic New Member

New Holland Toyota (New Holland Auto Group)
    New Holland PA

I've done business with these guys for several years and use their service department too. I would certainly rank them in the top tier of dealerships when it comes to honesty and integrity.

I bought my 2007 at substantially under MSRP. Of course, it may also help that my wife drives about 55K a year and gets all her service there.

15. tigressa

tigressa New Member

Toyota/Scion of Alameda is a low-pressure, good energy place to go for people in the Bay Area. The manager George Kreitem is an unusual person, the opposite of the sleazy dealership manager. Straight up, honest, very real. Eric, the manager of internet sales, made the experience of getting the car extremely easy.

There's a general positive energy to the place that makes you think the people like their jobs and enjoy dealing with the public. Even the finance person Kim was fantastic and very funny. I'd never had such a good time signing 40 documents before.

I can't recommend the place highly enough.

16. TRStahl

TRStahl New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Bill Merchant @ May 31 2005, 02:39 PM) [snapback]94334[/snapback]</div>
    Uebelhor Toyota in Jasper Indiana. They beat all other prices by a lot and they were great to deal with.

17. bestmapman

bestmapman 04, 07 ,08, 09, 10, 16, 21 Prime

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Free lifetime powertrain warranty. No kidding.

18. ny biker

ny biker Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius
    Model:
    XLE
    I also recommend Jack Taylor's Alexandria Toyota in Alexandria, VA.

I bought my Camry there back in 1998 and over the years I took it to their service department almost exclusively (the exception was a couple years when I was working in MD, which made it inconvenient to go to NoVa just to get my car worked on). Overall I was pleased with the folks there so I went back when I wanted to buy the Prius. I dealt with several people in the sales department -- made an appointment for a test drive through their website, but I got there a bit late and the salesman who emailed me in reply to my request was on a test drive with someone else when I got there. When the sales manager saw me waiting he immediately got another salesman (Farad Sulayman, who is a Prius owner) to take me out. After the test drive I closed the deal with the original sales person (Hythem Khalil, who's probably reading this right now -- hey dude).

I paid the internet "Manager's Special" price, which was under MSRP by a couple thousand dollars (they had lots of Prii in stock at the time). The trade-in offer was lower than I wanted but I think that's because they were trying to make up for the discounted price on the new car. During the final negotiation they did raise the trade-in offer by $500, and also took a point off the interest rate on the financing. Overall I didn't love the whole price negotiation experience but I understand that they are in business to make money so I'm not really complaining.

During the time I was there I dealt with two sales people (Hythem and Farad), the financing manager (Hamid Dadpay) and two sales managers (Mike Baird and Eliseo Rivera). They were all extremely friendly, very knowledgeable about the Prius, able to answer all my questions and show me how everything worked before I drove it off the lot. Obviously their goal was to sell me a car, but it was very clear that they wanted me to be a happy customer.

p.s. I plan to continue to use their service department. I recommend Drew Pastor with the green team.

19. GoEco

GoEco Red Prii Rule

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Toyota of Oxnard's Internet Group
    Matt Dimmitt (mgr) or Gina Mackey
    1-888-586-9944 or 805-988-2363 Direct

They were offering $300 over invoice on any Prius on the lot. Though I found her to be less than truthful regarding what other dealers in the area had (I found things she said were not available for over 200 miles much closer) in the end we went with them for the best price and the rest of the interatctions with them regarding our vehicle very positive. We got our Package 6 for invoice in May.

20. andrew.lambe

andrew.lambe New Member

Day Toyota
    1140 Clairton Blvd
    Pittsburgh, PA 15236

I purchased a package 2 Prius from Day Toyota for $22,714 two weeks ago. The salesman I purchased it through was Nathan Hout, who I found to be friendly and accommodating. I was satisfied with my experience there.

Kenny Ross Toyota
    5252 University Blvd
    Moon Township, PA 15108

When I was shopping for a Prius in the Pittsburgh area this was the other dealer I communicated the most with and that seemed most promising after Day. I corresponded with Ralph Enberg, who I also came away from with a favorable impression. The initial price he quoted me for a package 2 was $23,159. Presumably he would have come down more if I pursued it further.

I ended up buying through Day because their dealership is closer to where I live, but based on my experience I can recommend both of these dealers in the Pittsburgh area.