1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Good traction battery please help

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by PhilipC2189, Mar 28, 2018.

1. PhilipC2189

PhilipC2189 New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    II
    hello everyone i have been working on this 2nd gen prius for about a month now and i keep getting the same resaults.

codes are p0a80 and c1241

i have watched the youtube videos and bought the meters to check each cell ever cell is reading 7.8 volts. but continue to get the same codes. just bought and installed a new 12 volt battery same symptoms. any help would be appreciated thank you

2. dolj

dolj Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    You need to load test each module.

Follow the basic load test procedures here:

ProlongĀ® Battery Module Load Tester User Guide | Hybrid Automotive

You can build your own testing harness easily enough, but they sell them as a turnkey solution for people that can't/ don't want to build their own. Post your results and let us know if you have any other questions.

Raytheeagle likes this.
  3. PhilipC2189

PhilipC2189 New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    II
    [​IMG]
    this is the results after load testing. and now it is acting weird the red triangle went off for about 2 days of driving i put about 200+ miles on it without it coming back on. so i went out and started it this morning and the battery showed all green bars then when i backed out of the driveway the triangle came on and now i got a c1310 code i opened the traction to check the conections and everything is tight, clean and connected properly.

4. Hybrid Battery Exchange

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    1.1v drop with only a 2 minute load test? Ditch #1 module, it's obviously bad.

5. 2k1Toaster

2k1Toaster Brand New Prius Batteries

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    +1. I'd redo the measurements on that one and another just in case. It was presumably the first you measured and is waaaaaay out of line of the others. If it truly is over a full volt out of whack, it needs to go. You have a fairly decent spread of voltage there, you may be able to eek out a while longer with a single module replacement. Definitely not anywhere near the worst pack voltages I've seen.

6. PhilipC2189

PhilipC2189 New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    II
    thank you all for your reply's i have rechecked the voltage after letting the battery sit without being connected to each other and the #1 cell dropped all the way to 2.56 v and #2 dropped to 5.8 v so i replaced them and the problem went away no more codes. i guess sometimes you just have to let it be for a while longer before you start working on it. also the rest of the cells are at 7.68 range