1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Goodbye Insight - Hello Classic Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by 2Hybrids, Jan 11, 2006.

1. 2Hybrids

2Hybrids New Member

It had 95,000 miles on it. For a Honda, that means it should keep a'going for awhile. Don't get me wrong, it sure is fun, and I still miss my early morning drives - but with the suspension on the sporty side, and slung so low to the ground, things tend to jar loose over time.

To see some of the hangups that occur with these little gems from time to time, just go to http://www.insightcentral.net/forum/

The majority of Insight owners never have problems so it's hard to know. I believe mine may have been abused during it's adolescence.

If we didn't have the baby on the way, trust me, I'd still be driving it. :)

2. Astrotoy7

Astrotoy7 New Member

sorry to be a bit coarse, but to me it sounds like your wife has your balls safely tucked away in her safe !!!

I had a sexy little 95 honda prelude when we had the first little one... The missus had the nice new Honda Accord. We managed, despite some intermittent nag+whine. I was 26 at the time(4 years ago) so I didnt get the "mid life crisis" comment, but rather the "you have to grow up" :p

It seems like you truly derived joy from the insight, and your lady has made you give it up, using the baby for leverage.... (ive seen it happen to teh greatest of men)

2 of my friends have an insight.... never had a probelm with them at all. If I wasnt so keen on getting a newer prius as my next car(passing the 2004 onto the wife), then Id definitely get the Insight.

still, good luck with the little 2002 and the baby ! :)

3. 2Hybrids

2Hybrids New Member

Yep - you are most definately right there...but she has only one of them and her parents has the other! If it wasn't for them, we'd still have a house and 2 car payments, a couple of credit card payments, etc. They've done a lot for us over the years.

I do appreciate everything they've done for us so anything I can do to make their daughter happy is worth the sacrifice.

And for what it's worth, I was facing cat failure with the Insight and didn't really wanna deal with it.

4. maggieddd

maggieddd Senior Member

I went to the Insight forum and I found this comment:

"Don't know what's up with the Pri people. I beep and wave and they usually ignore you, what's up with that? Still quite a few Insights Sarasota way and south. My '05 and me will be around for ever, if possible. Jack"

I wave back, but no one waves at me :(

5. Astrotoy7

Astrotoy7 New Member

lolz @ the whole "insight vs prius" thang.... its like geeks fighting over which is better Star Wars or Star Trek :p

star wars kicks a$$ of course

6. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

If it is, than I'm sure as heck the exception.... :lol:

7. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

:lol:

You damn right!

Insight drivers also probably like PICARD better...

8. 2Hybrids

2Hybrids New Member

I never went in for that Pri vs. Insight thing. Of course, Star Wars Kicks butt!...followed by Battle Star Galactica!

Seriously though, Each car has good features and a purpose - but for us, the Prius met more of the practical requirements of our growing family.

Regarding the waving thing, with both the Insight and the Prius, I can never get anyone to wave back. They give me that deer-in-the-headlights look. Its probably because owners around here are elderly and distrusting of anyone under the age of 55.

9. benighted

benighted New Member

I like to be able to feel the road when I drive a car. My car before the Prius was a Pontiac Sunfire sport package, I really liked the way it handled.

10. 2Hybrids

2Hybrids New Member

In an Insight - you are gauranteed to feel the road...that's fo sho!!!