1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Goodbye Religion

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by qbee42, Aug 11, 2011.

1. SageBrush

SageBrush Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Hope ?

You are nauseating me. The message is "god was mad, and you were punished. But buy into our BS, and god will forgive."

Tell me though, now that the media is on to other things, has the travesty been corrected ? Have the leaders of the Evangelical movement who spurted this bile on Haiti come to their senses ?

2. cyclopathic

cyclopathic Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Let's discuss this when atheists start burning theists on crosses

3. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Goodbye religion, and good riddance! If people want to believe stuff for which there is absolutely no evidence, and which is contradicted by everything we know about the world, that's their right. But the history of religion is an endless list of torture, murder, war, and every sort of atrocity imaginable. There's nothing wrong with faith, other than that it scorns logic and evidence. But religion is the most filthy, disgusting, scurrilous, nefarious activity any person could be involved with.

If I was Emperor of the World, people would be free to believe whatever they like, but churches, synagogs, and mosques would be closed, their property confiscated, and believing nonsense woud cease to be an excuse to avoid paying taxes.

4. Trebuchet

Trebuchet Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Huh? :noidea: You don't think that hasn't already happened or something similar? :rolleyes:

5. Trebuchet

Trebuchet Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Thank you, a more succinct and erudite summary of the French Revolution I doubt we'll ever find. Perhaps a name change is in order? May I suggest "Maximilien François Marie Isidore de Robespierre?"

Oh pardon me was that in response to cyclopathic's wondrously naive post wherein he stated
    "Let's discuss this when atheists start burning theists on crosses?" Ahhhh, education through deception and reverse psychology! Atheist are so clever with words. :thumb:

6. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Not me. I'd keep 'em all open and tax them up the wazoo (well, no more or less than any other entertainment).

7. B L A C K C A T

B L A C K C A T New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    OK - haven't read the whole discussion

My opinion on Religion
    1. Causal of almost all wars, hate etc
    2. Full of control freaks who want to tell others how they should think
    3. Full of perverts who think it is OK to rape little children and cover it up for their mates eg the current Pope
    4. Sexist, Racist

But if it keeps those who can't figure life out quiet and causes no harm then let them

Some people in life are followers - then there is the rest of us...

8. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Welcome back D.

9. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Show me where I have EVER advocated killing ANYBODY! If you even read the post of mine which you quoted, you'd see that I'd allow everyone to believe whatever nonsense they liked. I just would not allow religious institutions to own property or to have tax exemptions. There is something marvelously perverse about a tax code which says that if your institution requires its members to believe things that are patently false, you get to be exempt from paying taxes! Individuals could still gather to pray.

On the other hand, the Christian churches didn't stop burning people to death for believing in "unapproved" dogmas, or rejecting religion entirely, until they lost the political power to impose their will on civil government.

Religion is nothing but a mechanism for brutal, egotistical megalomaniacs to impose their will on uneducated people who've never learned how to think. It's spread by torture, murder, and war, and sustained by ignorance and superstition, and is the greatest scourge of this sad world.

Goodbye and good riddance!

10. Silver bullit

Silver bullit Right Lane Cruiser

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    This is an ignorant comment. My mother and sister are sincere loving people who have a deep belief in god. There are many other good people who believe in god. To paint all religious people with the same brush is ignorant and hateful. Your fantasy of being emperor of the world is psychotic. You are not emperor of the world, you are just a creepy internet troll.

1 person likes this.
  11. Trebuchet

Trebuchet Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    :rolleyes: Somehow I doubt that last sentence but
    with your Highnesses acquiescence I shall still pray for it. :amen:

12. Trebuchet

Trebuchet Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    At least your putting it up as an opinion now. Back in this thread you stated it as fact . . .

and when it was pointed out to you or you were called on it in this post,

you didn't answer but ran off to this thread to post disingenuous fiction as opinion.

Certainly there are bad actors on both sides of this issue but anyone doing the things you've accused them of can hardly be called Christians even though they

1) dress like one . . .
    2) act like one
    3) talk like one or
    4) call themselves one . . .

Can't really say that about atheist now can we? Finally do you have anything to back this opinion up other than the opinions of other atheist?

You know something like facts? :noidea:

Please at least try to response this time it's so unseemly to run off like a [​IMG] to another thread like the rest of the atheist here do when challenged on these points. :yo:

13. davesrose

davesrose Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
  14. airportkid

airportkid Will Fly For Food

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Oh, I don't know about that, insurance, banking, securities, politics and the military are right there alongside it as long standing instruments of organized systematic human degradation and swindle.

But I concur religion alone is the one philosophy that says man is irredeemably wretched and good for nothing until dead, and the demise of a cruel philosophy that despises its own followers can't happen too soon.

15. Trebuchet

Trebuchet Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Ahhh, the 'guilt by association' accusation which all D's scorned anyone for using when Obama, for 20 years, associated with the Reverend Wright. Good example of hypocrisy dr rosie, thank you. :yo:

16. Trebuchet

Trebuchet Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    All of the examples above are done by atheist and atheism as well and even more so by atheist in the modern world. :glare:

17. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Can anybody spot the cognitive dissonance in the above two posts? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

18. ursle

ursle Gas miser

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Yes but though religion deems man wretched, it's happy to get 10% of his earning for life...
    Err, if it wasn't getting 10% of mans earnings during that person's lifetime it wouldn't exist;)
    Oldest ponzi scheme going.

The forum was nice for a few days without this trollish subject appearing, sure would be a good time to move it to a closed forum.

19. Chuck.

Chuck. Former Honda Enzyte Driver

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Completely agreed on this point.

Starting to believe a few find it harder to leave this topic alone than a crack addict to do cold turkey - I did for over a week.

20. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Cold turkey got me out of the politics forum. You have to make the break and stick with it. If you're only in rehab for a week at a time, you're just torturing yourself. Pick in or out, and live with it. :)