1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

GoodYear Fuel Max - Great so far. Buy them

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by TrojanOdyssey, May 1, 2009.

1. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    iI wish I could find real comparisons between the Fuel Max tires and the Nokian i3 and WRs.

2. jdonalds

jdonalds Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    Touring
    We just put Michelin X-Radials on our 2008 last week. We had over 35K miles on the original Integrity tires. We had a chance to test out the X-Radials this weekend as we drove from Ventura County CA to Zion National Park and back, a distance of over 900 miles. These are clearly smoother riding, better handling, and quieter than the Integritys.

Not sure yet about mileage. As they are brand new with just over 1K miles I expect mileage to be less than after they wear some. Much of our trip was in the 75-80mph range (speed limit on much of HW15 is 75) and we made several climbs between 2000 ft and 6000 ft elevation. I was quite happy with the 47.8mpg average on the trip. The last time I drove at those speeds with the Integritys my mileage was lower.

We kept the Integrity tires at 44f/42r and I inflated the X-Radials the same. CostCo put Nitrogen in when they mounted the tires but only inflated to 36psi.

1 person likes this.
  3. PriusSport

PriusSport senior member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I run on 39/37 psi with the OE Integritys. Somebody did a study in this Chatgroup somewhere, and concluded 39/37 psi was about optimum. That's close enough to 40/38.

4. ramismidi

ramismidi Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    How much did you pay for your tires?