1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Google Chrome

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by brick, Sep 2, 2008.

1. Salamander_King

Salamander_King Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    You returned it. Really. I got mine on e-bay used, 7th Gen Intel Core i5 processor, 8GB RAM and 256GB SSD in perfect working and mint cosmetic condition for ~$600. I would not have paid $1000 for it. I thought $600 was still too much, but I knew cheaper Chromebook with only 2-4gb of RAM and 16-32GB of eMMC storage is not going to be fast enough the way I usually work with over 30 tabs open. Now there are quite a few more powerful Chromebooks available on the market for less money than Pixelbook. But the Pixelbook price has come down nicely too.

I have continued to use my Pixelbook for most of the browsing needs. Now I've got pretty efficient in using it as the only computer on the road. It is lighter than my 13 inch Dell Latitude ultrabook, and I just love USB-C connectivity which my older Dell does not offer.

No, I have not. If I have to operate my laptop remotely, I will just take it with me. ;) That said, there are still quite a bit of trick I have not learned on this new OS. Switching keyboard shortcuts between Windows and Chromebook are quite difficult for me, I hope they had customizable shortcuts on Chrome OS.

#81 Salamander_King, Jun 10, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2019
    Danny3xd () likes this.
  2. Danny3xd ()

Danny3xd () Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    100% agree on the USB C thing! Just so much eaisier and so much less fumbiling.

Am right now experimenting with an old beater, $85 Chromebook. I now remember why it went to the junk (er) pile. LoL.
    I am also with ya on getting refurbished or open box. Most especially with Chromebooks. They are basically conduits and not the device.

Powerwash, done. LoL.

(even the tracpad on this thing makes an inhaling sort of sound. Not gonna make it to the car for E-work)

Salamander_King likes this.