1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Google Maps Route Audio Disconnects When 2015 Prius Turned ON

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Susan4ET, Mar 20, 2018.

1. Susan4ET

Susan4ET Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Have a 2015 Prius Navigation and an iPhone 7 plus. I recently tried a route using Google Maps on my iPhone 7 plus because the Nav system is out of date and can't find where I want to go. Google Maps works great BUT... If the car is OFF the routing audio starts right up directing me. However, when the car is turned ON this routing audio disappears with no indication of why I can find. The speaker on the phone doesn't change and is not muted.

I know I need to wire the phone into the USB port if I want Traffic on the car's screen so I tried with the USB cable but this made no difference at all. Since the car's Nav system cannot route where I want to go I just leave the screen off. The screen Off or On makes no difference with the phone's audio. I am not hoping to get Google Maps audio to play through the car's audio--I'm trying to get the audio to play through the phone just like it does when the car is off!

I hope and figure there is something I am missing. Maybe using Bluetooth for the hands-free phone use is upsetting? I did not try turning the phone or car's Bluetooth off BUT, I need Bluetooth on for Drive Safe & Save in any case so what to do?

What with having to wire the phone in order to get Traffic I've got a bad feeling about this trouble since it seems Toyota and Apple can't work out their problems?

Thanks--hope it will be simple and easy to fix.

#1 Susan4ET, Mar 20, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2018
  2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    does it do it if you don't have it plugged into the car?

3. Susan4ET

Susan4ET Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Problem fixed or rather there was no "problem" to fix. I have to use Bluetooth for Drive Safe & Save. If I turned Bluetooth off the iPhone Google Map would have worked fine with audio coming from iPhone speakers. So I never turned Bluetooth off. With Bluetooth always on and the iPhone paired the iPhone audio has to route through the car speakers but what I missed doing was routing the audio through Bluetooth. I just must remember to direct the audio source to Bluetooth. The USB cable was not the issue here. --Finished--