1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Google Nexus 5 - Won't Pair/Connect with Prius 2010

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Rocketstar, Apr 15, 2014.

1. Rocketstar

Rocketstar Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Just bought the Nexus 5 (love it, except for this) and it will not pair/connect via Bluetooth to my 2010 Prius. It throws the Cannot connect error.

So the phone sees the car, but when I try to pair/connect to it, it just throws the error, it doesn't pop up the 'enter the code' to pair message.

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance.

Things I've tried...
    I've switched the order in which I turn on/off the bluetooth while trying to pair
    I've switched the Wi-Fi to 2 Mghz instead of the 5...
    I've tried restarting the phone

2. ems2158

ems2158 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    My Nexus 5 pairs easily with our 2013 Prius v and 2014 Corolla. Do you have the bluetooth connected to something in your house? My Samsung Galaxy 3 is paired with a Panasonic phone in the house and sometimes needs to reboot before it will connect to the cars. How many other paired phones are on your Prius? Maybe you need to delete some of the old pairings. One car I had only allowed 5 pairings and would crash if I tried to add a 6th phone.

3. Paradox

Paradox Prius Enthusiast / Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Moved from the Prius v forums to the gen III forums as the OP lists he has a Gen III.

4. Rocketstar

Rocketstar Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III

Thanks. No, I do not have the bluetooth connected to anything else. There is one addtl phone paired with the Prius, my old Samsung GS II. I'll delete that one which will remove all paired devices and see if that changes anything.

5. Rocketstar

Rocketstar Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Solution Discovered: I saw on the Android Open Source Project - Issue Tracker board (good resource) that all I had to do was to RESET the Car's Bluetooth.

It took a bit to find, inside of the Navigation Settings was Bluetooth reset to Default and 'delete personal data'.

It worked!!!

6. hep

hep New Member

I got it to connect for phone but not for media. I need my audio books. Does yours work for both?

7. Btnfly

Btnfly New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I discovered that in order to connect my Nexus 6, I had to connect it a media device first. Then the phone connected. In the audio menu there is a connect media player and it has it's own code.