1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Googleville is Priustown

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by glenk, Sep 12, 2006.

1. glenk

glenk Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Googleville is my name for Google's campus in Mountain View, CA. During lunch today, I walked through their parking lot and counted 22 Prii in two blocks of parking space. I don't think you would find a concentration of Prius owners anywhere else except for something related to Toyota company itself?

Whereas my company in the same general campus area has 100 employees and no Prius, except for mine when my wife lets me drive it.

glen

2. NuShrike

NuShrike Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(glenk @ Sep 12 2006, 04:26 PM) [snapback]318632[/snapback]</div>
    There's fleet parking lots such as for the Gas Company (here in socal), and the usual OC Prius club meetings. :)

I haven't verified the amount of Prius at my company's main campus, but there could be almost as much spread out in the parking structure.

3. iluvmacs

iluvmacs Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    There are a lot of Priuses out at Apple's campus, too. Then again, Apple & Google are similar in their societal ways... Good friends, too, if I'm not mistaken. :)

Apple's campus also has tons of exotic cars... but I did see one Hummer when I was there last month :angry:

4. miwaku

miwaku New Member

So your name for the GooglePlex is Googleville? Why not just use their name?

5. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    because the State of Washington mandated that all state fleets pursue alternative fuel vehicles if one is available that can fit their needs, i am surrounded by Priuses. we have the dept of health (large organization) which only has about a dozen. we also have the dept of natural resources-olympia. which is small (at least their building is) they have about 9 Priuses, 2 Civic hybrids and two Excape hybrids. in fact, on most days, their parking lot is 100% hybrid.

the olympia fire department has all Toyota Priuses (2001 and up) but one large car.

i recently talked to an assistant to the budget manger for the dept of health and they say that they would have a lot more Priuses if they were available. they must budget the cost of gas in their reports so now every dept is requesting Priuses and they frequently get less than ¼ of their requested allotments. one stat i found amazing is that driving Priuses last year enabled the dept to hire an additional 3 people.

6. katway

katway New Member

The fact that Google gives employees an extra $5,000 to purchase hybrids may have something to do with it. I'm expecting that we will also see more Priuses parked in Bank of America lots since they will be giving employees $3,000 toward the purchase of a hybrid.