1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Gore Refuses to Hear GOP Statement on GW

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by dbermanmd, Mar 21, 2007.

1. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Looks like little algore did not want to play with others again. he refused to provide his testimony 48 hours before he was scheduled to arrive - like usual, and now he is late to the committee meeting on purpose so he wont have to listen to GOP opening statements.

isn't that algore - he's taking his ball home because he is affraid to play.

i cant wait for this to play on.....

2. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Mar 21 2007, 09:53 AM) [snapback]409505[/snapback]</div>
    I'm sure that's why. Got a link, got any reliable source at all for this or are you just picking the parts out of a longer article that fit your point of view?

3. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Mar 21 2007, 11:09 AM) [snapback]409512[/snapback]</div>
    live on the news bro. he just showed up to speak.

i cant even listen to this clown anymore - but i am doing my best.

calling for congress to act - that americans are placing our trust in congress to act - to rise above - we are facing a challenge to our imagination - the relationship between human and our planet has been altered ...... he is such an idiot.

4. richard schumacher

richard schumacher shortbus driver

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    There are not enough hours in the day to listen to reactionary lies about this subject. A certain amount of it is necessary to know the enemy, but having done that smart progressive people have better ways to spend their time.

5. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(richard schumacher @ Mar 21 2007, 11:36 AM) [snapback]409532[/snapback]</div>
    i wish he would fade back to his large carbon footprint and close the door.

6. efusco

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Mar 21 2007, 10:49 AM) [snapback]409548[/snapback]</div>
    And that's the very reason it's so much fun to know that that's not going to happen!

7. Lywyllyn

Lywyllyn New Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    You know what "calling for congress to act - that Americans (that is Americans with a capital A :p ) are placing our trust in congress to act - to rise above - that we are facing a challenge to our imagination - the relationship between human and our planet has been altered" is pretty much what McCain said in an On Earth article.

Besides what is wrong with calling on the humanity and the spirit on the imagination to achieve change for all of us here on Earth?

Dude you are letting your bitterness cloud your judgment. You may judge the messenger but don't dis the message, and before you judge the messenger look to yourself and see if you yourself are worthy example of good stewardship. You need a vacation .. really! :)

8. efusco

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lywyllyn @ Mar 21 2007, 10:59 AM) [snapback]409555[/snapback]</div>
    I've tried to appeal to Dr. Berman using that logic, but it's useless. He doesn't want to try to see anything outside his fixed strict neocon "resist ANYTHING proposed by any democrat for any reason no matter the facts" point of view. When presented with data, facts and logic he responds with spin, attacks and insults. He resorts to sophomoric tools such as refusing to give fellow Americans the respect of proper use and capitalization of their names (algore) or to acknowledge thier positive aspects in any manner.

Ultimately though, I've proven myself the stupid one. I repeatedly engage in the exchanges with the likes of him and Wildkow despite the fact that they don't even try to listen or open their minds to alternate ideas.

9. Lywyllyn

Lywyllyn New Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    yeah I am seeing that as well. Too bad really as a good critical opinion is always needed in order to grow beyond ones own nearsightedness. Perhaps there is a need for belligerent and frothing comment, it serves to keep us in line ;)

... but as personal challenge, have we listened with an open mind to opposing ideas? I don't take issue with calling on Al Gore to practice what he preaches i.e. drive a hybrid car, stop jet setting in dirty airplanes to make appearances, but defame someones good intention, no matter how imperfect they may be, is just going too far, is it not?

10. daronspicher

daronspicher Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lywyllyn @ Mar 21 2007, 10:59 AM) [snapback]409555[/snapback]</div>
    Sorry, congress is currently closed for Supina writing only. Check back in 4 or 5 months when they get bored with their new hobby.

11. Proco

Proco Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Mar 21 2007, 11:06 AM) [snapback]409557[/snapback]</div>
    Not stupid. Just insane. Insanity: doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. (variously attributed)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daronspicher @ Mar 21 2007, 11:31 AM) [snapback]409573[/snapback]</div>
    What's a supina?

12. efusco

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Proco @ Mar 21 2007, 11:36 AM) [snapback]409579[/snapback]</div>
    Thanks for the correction, I feel much better now! :huh:

13. Proco

Proco Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Mar 21 2007, 11:39 AM) [snapback]409581[/snapback]</div>
    Glad I could help. I'd hate for you to feel stupid. :p

14. efusco

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  15. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Mar 21 2007, 11:52 AM) [snapback]409551[/snapback]</div>
    actually he provides me and many others with free entertainment - i love watching him breath... what is next on his list of personal accomplishments:

algore's to do list:

1. invent internet
    2. talk up global warming
    2a. do nothing about gw while in white house for 8 years
    3. own company to sell carbon credits
    4. run for white house again against a candidate who can speak in public
    5. have lunch

16. malorn

malorn Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Mar 21 2007, 11:45 AM) [snapback]409590[/snapback]</div>
    Looks like he has been consuming quite a few lunches lately. Does he really own a business that sells carbon credits? Isn't that a conflict of interest?

17. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Mar 21 2007, 12:06 PM) [snapback]409557[/snapback]</div>
    The most positive thing algore ever did - run for president :lol: who else would have lost to dubya :D

you're not so stupid my good doctor - just a little misguided - if we dont see the world the way you do we have not opened our minds. truth is i used to think like you do - i just grew out of it with more experience and knowledge as i got older and acquired more life experience. give yourself a chance - the fact that you still engage in exchanges with people like me is a good sign - u have hope.

18. MegansPrius

MegansPrius GoogleMeister, AKA bongokitty

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Mar 21 2007, 12:45 PM) [snapback]409590[/snapback]</div>
    I don't know why you keep bringing up the Internet misquote thing when its key inventors, Vint Cerf and Robert Kahn, give him credit. What is it about this that you don't understand?

Al Gore and the Internet
    By Robert Kahn and Vinton Cerf
    Al Gore was the first political leader to recognize the importance of the Internet and to promote and support its development.

No one person or even small group of persons exclusively “invented†the Internet. It is the result of many years of ongoing collaboration among people in government and the university community. But as the two people who designed the basic architecture and the core protocols that make the Internet work, we would like to acknowledge VP Gore’s contributions as a Congressman, Senator and as Vice President. No other elected official, to our knowledge, has made a greater contribution over a longer period of time.

Last year the Vice President made a straightforward statement on his role. He said: “During my service in the United States Congress I took the initiative in creating the Internet.†We don’t think, as some people have argued, that Gore intended to claim he “invented†the Internet. Moreover, there is no question in our minds that while serving as Senator, Gore’s initiatives had a significant and beneficial effect on the still-evolving Internet. The fact of the matter is that Gore was talking about and promoting the Internet long before most people were listening. We feel it is timely to offer our perspective.

As far back as the 1970s Congressman Gore promoted the idea of high speed telecommunications as an engine for both economic growth and the improvement of our educational system. He was the first elected official to grasp the potential of computer communications to have a broader impact than just improving the conduct of science and scholarship. Though easily forgotten, now, at the time this was an unproven and controversial concept. Our work on the Internet started in 1973 and was based on even earlier work that took place in the mid-late 1960s. But the Internet, as we know it today, was not deployed until 1983. When the Internet was still in the early stages of its deployment, Congressman Gore provided intellectual leadership by helping create the vision of the potential benefits of high speed computing and communication. As an example, he sponsored hearings on how advanced technologies might be put to use in areas like coordinating the response of government agencies to natural disasters.

As a Senator in the 1980s Gore urged government agencies to consolidate what at the time were several dozen different and unconnected networks into an “Interagency Network.†Working in a bi-partisan manner with officials in Ronald Reagan and George Bush’s administrations, Gore secured the passage of the High Performance Computing and Communications Act in 1991. This “Gore Act†supported the National Research and Education Network (NREN) initiative that became one of the major vehicles for the spread of the Internet beyond the field of computer science.

As Vice President Gore promoted building the Internet both up and out, as well as releasing the Internet from the control of the government agencies that spawned it. He served as the major administration proponent for continued investment in advanced computing and networking and private sector initiatives such as Net Day. He was and is a strong proponent of extending access to the network to schools and libraries. Today, approximately 95% of our nation’s schools are on the Internet. Gore provided much-needed political support for the speedy privatization of the Internet when the time arrived for it to become a commercially-driven operation.

There are many factors that have contributed to the Internet’s rapid growth since the later 1980s, not the least of which has been political support for its privatization and continued support for research in advanced networking technology. No one in public life has been more intellectually engaged in helping to create the climate for a thriving Internet than the Vice President. Gore has been a clear champion of this effort, both in the councils of government and with the public at large.

The Vice President deserves credit for his early recognition of the value of high speed computing and communication and for his long-term and consistent articulation of the potential value of the Internet to American citizens and industry and, indeed, to the rest of the world.

19. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lywyllyn @ Mar 21 2007, 12:23 PM) [snapback]409569[/snapback]</div>
    i am not defaming algore - he is doing a good job of it himself as you yourself has pointed out. if this is such a CRISIS should not algore LEAD by setting the propper example for us common folk? if he wants us to allocate finite resources away from the billion + people who are starving, who are being infected with HIV, who do not get proper educations, who have no reliable power supply - do you not think he should have a better case than just screaming the sky is falling? he is a ding dong - he would be better off following gates and buffet and other smart people who allocate their time and resources to IMMEDIATE problems facing BILLIONS of people - not just for the hope of decreasing surface temp 0.05C over the next 100 years - in that time frame how many people will have died or been harmed by overlooking them??????

20. efusco

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Mar 21 2007, 11:49 AM) [snapback]409594[/snapback]</div>
    And I see that as a sure sign of my ultimate doom.
    The irony here is that I used to think like YOU....but with life experiences such as world travel, speaking to people NOT of like mind, observing people of all different walks of life, background and such that I discovered that the conservative group-think simply wasn't inclusive enough to take into account the very valid and real differences the various cultural groups, ethnic groups, philisophical ideals, and individual freedoms of choice that exist in the world.

While I may not have the extra years of experience you do I'm very willing to bet that my choices have offered me many a chance to experience, explore and learn well beyond those of your life.

You're going to be hard pressed to find places where I've resorted to the kind of sophomoric slander, and insults of people in politics whom I don't agree with while you do it in nearly every post...but particularly when you lack facts or a valid logical arguement. That's why I say I'm the stupid/insane one.

While I've pointed out Bush's sub-par intelligence on several occasions I honestly think I've been fair in my assesments of that intelligence and feel it is pertinant as he is the leader of the free world and I'd hope that such a person would be above average intelligence.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Mar 21 2007, 11:54 AM) [snapback]409598[/snapback]</div>
    This has been discussed and, as usual, you completely ignore the facts given to you b/c you either can't or won't see the things that agree with your fixed point of view. I won't do the search for you, but look up the thread about Al Gore's home and see what he's doing.

Again, "ding-dong"....honestly you can't do any better can you.