1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Gore Refuses to Hear GOP Statement on GW

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by dbermanmd, Mar 21, 2007.

1. daronspicher

daronspicher Active Member

When your home team congress is being stupid and you have no defense for their behavior, focus on a spelling error, it will deflect from the real problem at hand.

Brilliant!

2. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Mar 21 2007, 01:00 PM) [snapback]409601[/snapback]</div>
    i see, now you give IQ testing or are you just making assumptions without facts?

and tell me, in your professional opinion, how would you assess john kerry's and al gore's intelligence? Do you think they are below, at, or above average - and how did you come to that conclusion. in gathering the data you used in your official determiniation, what where your determining factors and how did you weigh them?

3. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daronspicher @ Mar 21 2007, 12:03 PM) [snapback]409606[/snapback]</div>
    If the spelling had been even close (say 50% of the letters correct) I don't think it would have been brought up.
    Congress is hardly being stupid...The WH won't allow open hearings, won't allow transcripts or recordings...they're forcing congress's hand. Unless you think Congress was being stupid when they impeached Clinton for lying about having sex in the Oval office too I think it's darn hard to say that they're being stupid now considering the world-wide stakes of what it appears Rove and Gonzales have done.

So yea, maybe it did deflect from the "real problem at hand"...that of the WH covering up unethical and probably illegal activities that are just now being fully exposed and disclosed.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Mar 21 2007, 12:08 PM) [snapback]409610[/snapback]</div>
    Kerry, marginal but above average. Terrible at thinking on his feet but clearly a bright thinker.
    Gore is quite intelligent and well above average.
    You didn't ask, but I'll give a few more just so you know where I stand.
    McCain--very bright but not brilliant. More of a logical guy. Above average in the neighborhood of Kerry.
    Gulliani--Very intelligent, on par with Gore
    Obama--Very intelligent, potentially at a genious level on an IQ scale.
    H. Clinton--Very intelligent
    B. Clinton-Very intelligent, extreme Charisma sometimes prevents that from coming through.

4. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Mar 21 2007, 01:09 PM) [snapback]409612[/snapback]</div>
    omg - and bill clinton when he fired all AG's and how about jimmy carter too.

i think the dems should continue this series of attacks on dubya - first of all there are not too many clean dems who should not be looking into the mirror themselves - second what law was broken, they work at the discretion of the president, no? and lets see, dubya's approval rating is what? and then tell me who has a lower approval rating? guess the dem controlled congress :lol:

imagine if the dems where to focus on doing something, anything - stop the funding for the war? how about something constructive?? they control the congress - lets watch them continue to squander it....... what happened to the dems promise of working together, moving forward,

5. LaughingMan

LaughingMan Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Mar 21 2007, 01:18 PM) [snapback]409622[/snapback]</div>
    Unlike Clinton and Carter, there is evidence of selective political motivation for firing these attorneys... like they were weeding out all the ones that were not "loyal Bushies" (kyle sampson's words, not mine).

I am personally very happy to see Congress conducting oversight again. Clearly, those on the other side like yourself think that oversight is overrated and just prefer a rubber-stamp Congress.

To me, it's been 6 long years that the Congress has been giving carte blanche to the President, and now with the opposition party in power, it's their constitutional role to play to provide a big check to the President, and that's exactly what they are doing.

6. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Mar 21 2007, 12:42 PM) [snapback]409586[/snapback]</div>
    Well I'm going to Subpoena that plant, once I get jurisDICK-shun over it.

7. MegansPrius

MegansPrius GoogleMeister, AKA bongokitty

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Mar 21 2007, 01:18 PM) [snapback]409622[/snapback]</div>
    First, Bush already fired the old AGs when he came into office. It is however, unprecendent to fire them halfway through their terms for POLITICAL reasons. One day after AG Carol Lam informed justice about her forthcoming prosecutions of Randy Cunningham, Kyle Sampson suggested she be fired.

The Bush admin was putting pressure on AGs to investigate Democrats. Carol Lam investigated -- a now well proven -- horribly corrupt Republican, Randy Cunningham -- regarding military defense contracting corruption, and got fired. Lam was actively investigating Republican Congressman Jerry Lewis at the time of her dismissal.

Bush only had the ability to reappoint new AG's mid-term wihtout senate approval through a clause slipped into the Patriot Act -- a clause removed yesterday by the Senate.

The Investigation is about politicizing the Department of Justice under the Bush administration, and worthy of full investigation.

8. efusco

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MegansPrius @ Mar 21 2007, 12:34 PM) [snapback]409634[/snapback]</div>
    Uh oh, facts, time for a neocon to throw out an unrelated insult against liberals to detract from the those facts.

9. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Mar 21 2007, 01:42 PM) [snapback]409637[/snapback]</div>
    what facts - that the pres can fire ag's at his will? what do you think they are unionized workers :lol:

tell me, do you give expert testimony as to peoples intelligence scores - of course based on your ratings?

10. efusco

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Mar 21 2007, 12:45 PM) [snapback]409638[/snapback]</div>
    the facts that it's unprecedented to selectively fire AGs for political reasons when they don't rule in the way he prefers.

Let's recall, shall we, that YOU are the one who makes a habit of repeatedly insulting the intelligence of Al Gore, John Kerry, and pretty much anyone whom you feel doesn't see things like you do. Also, you asked me what I thought of the intelligence of Gore and Kerry. So, do you give said expert testimony? Of course not, but part of choosing our leaders involves an assessment of how bright they are...along with how good of leader they are, how good of diplomat they are, etc. We need not be recognized as legal experts to make such judgements and determinations. Apparently my crime, in your eyes, is stating my assessment.

If you're trying to make me look or feel badly about saying what I think about people's intelligence it's not working. Note also that I don't use a person's intelligence as a means of insulting them any more than I would use their looks or political point of view as a means of insulting them. You, on the other hand, find it a tool to insult when you can't back your arguements with facts or logic.

11. Lywyllyn

Lywyllyn New Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Mar 21 2007, 12:45 PM) [snapback]409638[/snapback]</div>
    you know you keep throwing out these empty challenges on proving someones claim about another persons stupidity/intelligence but you yourself are very, very quick to throw someone in the stupid bucket because ...well YOU think them so. No facts, no test scores, no medical analysis. Really this is getting childish and I think you need a nap, cause man you are too grumpy. <_<

So, here is my challenge to you md and anyone else really. Please give us a well worded and constructive criticism of the speech, followed by some universally sensible suggestions, such as : go buy a hybrid car and force your staff to do the same. Add solar panels to your mansion and print your next book on recycled paper.

I agree that anyone jet setting with his/her personal plane to attend speeches and panels on environmental issues, is being disingenuous at best.

I want to focus on a solutions not on who said what. Let politicians be what they may, the sustainable solution lies with us and not with the government!

12. Darwood

Darwood Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    "I want to focus on a solutions not on who said what. Let politicians be what they may, the sustainable solution lies with us and not with the government!"

Well stated.
    I'm here at Prius chat, because I want us off the black cocaine and am willing to pay more for my energy use to do so. I don't care who the messenger is or even what the talking point is. Global warming is probably the least important reason to get off the oil. The debate needs to be the endgoal, not the reasoning.

13. FBear

FBear Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Four
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Mar 21 2007, 10:13 AM) [snapback]409514[/snapback]</div>
    The clown is the one sitting in the Oval office. The clown siting in the Oval office wouldn't make a good greeter at WalMart. So far mr. clowny has gotten us into an intractible war that he said would be over in a month, now going on 5 years. Done virtually nothing about the disaster in New Orleans. If he hasn't killed the soldiers in Iraq he is trying his best at Walter Reed. Completely politicized the Justice department. Put his do nothing political hacks into every other agency in the government. I could go on and on but YOU would with your head so far up you a** could see any of it.

14. Darwood

Darwood Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Allright fbear, let's not stoop to that level.
    If you let an idiott drag you down to their level, they'll beat you with experience.

15. FBear

FBear Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Four
    I just get very very tired of dbermanmd's one sided posting that do nothing to further the discussion on any topic that he deems worthy. His disstain for anything other than his warped sensibilities and his undying loyalty to a President who might go down as having the worst presidency since that of James Buchanan, Millard Fillmore, Herbert Hoover and Andrew Johnson (not in chronological or worst order).

16. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Mar 21 2007, 01:53 PM) [snapback]409645[/snapback]</div>
    i did not make the claims you have my scientific friend - kind of like the intelligence canary you are.

in terms of insulting the intelligence of algore and johnkerry - i thought you would at least give me your opinion as to their intelligence from your perspective. from my perspective johnkerry is a bonefide d student who won the hearts and minds of dems for his being able to nuance things - his intellect - turns out he is a freaken d student. algore - thats all that need b said - he lost to dubya - could there be a dumber public official - perhaps dingle, biden :rolleyes:

i have no intention of making you feel bad or look bad - i would never do that - honestly. you were just making some claims, and i was following up on them.

any good red wines recently?

17. Darwood

Darwood Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

Attached Files:

18. Lywyllyn

Lywyllyn New Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Mar 21 2007, 02:47 PM) [snapback]409724[/snapback]</div>

surely you meant "whines" and sadly enough the ones posted here are not even good enough for cooking.

How's about my challenge ?

19. Darwood

Darwood Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    "How's about my challenge ?"
    Your challenge smells like troll feed....

20. Lywyllyn

Lywyllyn New Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    hey don't you know, trolls become extinct with the onset of GW/GCC ;)