1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Gore Refuses to Hear GOP Statement on GW

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by dbermanmd, Mar 21, 2007.

1. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Darwood @ Mar 21 2007, 03:16 PM) [snapback]409709[/snapback]</div>
    sounds almost original

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(FBear @ Mar 21 2007, 03:36 PM) [snapback]409719[/snapback]</div>
    please stop giving so much credit. i am not that loyal to President Bush - perhaps i am not as dysloyal as you are? During times of war I tend to be a little more supportive of our President and our troops in harms way. I know you are too - you support our troops by wanting them to be redeployed to the US [ie, retreat/defeat] - which i happen to think is aiding and abetting our enemies - but that is your choice - perhaps you support the war effort - i dont know.

in terms of bad presidents you missed several - anti-semite jimmy carter, and the first president to not defend american interests president bj [i did not have sex with that girl] clinton.

2. mojo

mojo Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Dr Berman have you watched "An Inconvenient Truth" yet?

3. Lywyllyn

Lywyllyn New Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Mar 21 2007, 04:54 PM) [snapback]409789[/snapback]</div>

Yeah, but no one died when Clinton lied :p

4. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Mar 21 2007, 08:13 AM) [snapback]409514[/snapback]</div>
    Yep, a person needs a lot of imagination to believe in GW and scientist need imagination to sell GW. :lol:

Wildkow

5. jgills240

jgills240 Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Mar 21 2007, 09:53 AM) [snapback]409505[/snapback]</div>

I don't blame him. I wouldn't want to listen to that either. Everybody already knows what they're going to say, that they agree the climate is changing but that we as humans have no contribution to it blah blah blah.

Which unfortunately brings me to this thread. Nobody who posts on here is going to change their position on GW or Islam or the war or bush or ... or ... or ... or.... So we can all get together and just count how many different immature names we can call each other. I swear I've read the exact same thread 50 times under 50 different topic titles.

Just my useless thoughts in a useless environment. B)

6. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lywyllyn @ Mar 21 2007, 08:59 AM) [snapback]409555[/snapback]</div>
    That's not what is being asked here. They want to spend billions of dollars on a figment of someone's imagination. Meanwhile they tell 3rd World countries don't burn coal or oil for energy, sinking them deeper into poverty and despair. Then they ask everyone else to make sacrifices they are not willing to make themselves.

Wildkow

7. SSimon

SSimon Active Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Scary thing, dbermanmd is involved with a profession which requires that he comply with dispensing prescriptions to ill people based on scientific testing and results. Anyone pick up on the irony here? Does he find himself to be as capable of interpreting this scientific information and applying his personal findings to the manner in which he practices medicine?!?!?! Yikes.

8. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Mar 21 2007, 09:06 AM) [snapback]409557[/snapback]</div>
    Pot and Kettle.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lywyllyn @ Mar 21 2007, 09:23 AM) [snapback]409569[/snapback]</div>
    If his good but imperfect intentions do harm then yes and although we may disagree on this point we can hardly disagree on my point.

Wildkow

9. Greyskye

Greyskye New Member

Wow Ed. I leave PriusChat for about a year, and here you still are in Fred's, fighting the good fight against the neo-con wanna-be's.

Here's to you! I wish I had your energy!!! :D

10. Lywyllyn

Lywyllyn New Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Well just as I feared, no suggestions are being brought forth. Too bad though. I guess this forum is really just a sounding board for opinions and not an exchange of ideas.

"I don't know, " said the voice on the PA, "apathetic bloody planet, I've no sympathy at all. " P- VJeltz

11. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SSimon @ Mar 21 2007, 06:07 PM) [snapback]409859[/snapback]</div>
    Which is one of the main reasons why I seriously doubt doberman is really a doctor, or indeed is named "Berman".

12. Alric

Alric New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
  13. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lywyllyn @ Mar 21 2007, 05:27 PM) [snapback]409871[/snapback]</div>
    Give us a chance to see and hear the speech, K? :)

Wildkow

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Alric @ Mar 21 2007, 05:41 PM) [snapback]409884[/snapback]</div>
    OOPS there it is right there thanks.

Wildkow

14. Alric

Alric New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Just a counterpoint to the recurrent idea that dealing with greenhouse emissions will be costly. On the contrary, this is a business opportunity for many that are competing to replace the oil hegemony.

Understand that oil WILL run out eventually and we will have to find new sources of energy anyway. The added benefit of doing it now is that we may avoid the negative effects of climate change.

Also, if you see competition between nations as a race rather than progress, alleviating the oil addition will be a competitive advantage over other developing countries that will be still be tied to the oil model. Unfortunately, china, and most other countries, already have better energy policies than we do. So this yet another race that our intellectually challenged conservative politicians is letting us loose...

15. Tyrin

Tyrin New Member

The good: even the insult-slinging dberman (you were right E, it's in every single post) appears to be smart enough to buy a Prius (unless he's just here for kicks).

The bad: even someone who KNOWs that we should cut back on gasoline consumption thinks that scientists have nothing better to do with their time than to make up huge hoaxes (not only GW, but Moon Landing).

I also noticed none of the Gore bashers have answered the post asking if they have seen An Inconvenient Truth. Dude, I listen to Limbaugh once in a while, just to see if maybe I AM on the wrong side of things. That's what it means to have an open mind. Willing to listen to all sides and try to put aside your previous biases.

Gore isn't perfect. But he's bringing GW information to the mainstream, which others have tried and failed to do. I guess some will be claiming GW doesn't exist long after that thermometer keeps creeping.

My 2cents.

16. Lywyllyn

Lywyllyn New Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wildkow @ Mar 21 2007, 07:50 PM) [snapback]409887[/snapback]</div>

Okie dokie... sleep on it (not your computer of course) and constructive criticism please. I already know you don't like the guy :)

17. airportkid

airportkid Will Fly For Food

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tyrin @ Mar 21 2007, 05:25 PM) [snapback]409906[/snapback]</div>
    No, they'll acknowledge at the time that the climate has become unbearable. But they will whine that it's all science's fault: they'll complain that science hadn't worked hard enough to persuade them its predictions were correct back when we still had time to do something about it.

You are entitled to believe I make that statement sarcastically, but your belief would be erroneous.

Mark Baird
    Alameda CA

18. MarinJohn

MarinJohn Senior Member

Today when Gore spoke to congress, senator Inhofe tried to railroad Gore by asking questions and not allowing Gore to respond, telling Gore he 'could respond in writing later'. What a dirty trick (Nixon style). When Gore tried to respond to Inhofe's tirade and was again cut off by Inhofe, the majority leader, Barbara Boxer waived her gavel in front of Inhofe and 'reminded' Inhofe there are consequences to losing an election and he no longer makes the rules and if he was going to ask the guest questions he had to wait for a response. The repubs have run amok for so long now they think they are ENTITLED to continue even now when they are in the minority. It must kill the repubs that a 5 foot woman has the power to scold them into submission. Just wait till Hillary is president. They will absolutely wilt with shame at having to follow yet another smart, powerful, woman who will take no s**t from them.

19. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MarinJohn @ Mar, 09:24 PM) [snapback]409971[/snapback]</div>
    Yeah, that was a great exchange! Elections have consequences!

20. Alric

Alric New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MarinJohn @ Mar 21 2007, 11:24 PM) [snapback]409971[/snapback]</div>
    Is the video for questions session posted somewhere? I could only find Gore's main speech.