1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Gore tells Pres. Bush he needs to goto war.

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by bigmahma, Jun 12, 2007.

1. Tempus

Tempus Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MegansPrius @ Jun 14 2007, 11:13 AM) [snapback]461547[/snapback]</div>
    Not the best example.

Indonesia is in the middle of several low-grade civil (religious) wars with lots of atrocities to go around.

Timor, Aceh, Irian Jaya, Borneo, Java, Sumatra.....

2. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SomervillePrius @ Jun 14 2007, 10:54 AM) [snapback]461528[/snapback]</div>
    how do you spread prosperity to Muslims - when 51% of them are not allowed to read or write or are treated like cattle? When the religion controls all the laws, the press, the political process?

still waiting for an answer - you may find the answer to your point here.

How do you modernize Islam - hint - separate it from State - how do you do that??

3. MickeyA

MickeyA New Member

4. scargi01

scargi01 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius

5. MegansPrius

MegansPrius GoogleMeister, AKA bongokitty

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(05_SilverPri @ Jun 14 2007, 01:02 PM) [snapback]461742[/snapback]</div>
    I also recall that report. The London bombers were middle class, but young. On the other hand, Rwanda is primarliy Catholic and Protestant.

6. micksimon

micksimon New Member

7. MickeyA

MickeyA New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mick @ Jun 14 2007, 04:28 PM) [snapback]461830[/snapback]</div>
    I didn't say teaching them to fish = $400B handouts.
    I said why not give the ppl $400B instead of the current course: Nation building ie teaching them to fish.

Isn't that what we are trying in Iraq?
    It's cost us $400B so far & is it working?

You can say the religious zealots prey on the uneducated & impoverished over there.
    Well, what if we've gave all of those ppl $400B to fill their empty pockets.
    They are able to put the roof over their heads. Feed their family. Buy medicine. Goto school.
    Cash talks louder than allah when it can provide.

Even the poor & stupid know that.

Do you think they would listen to the local cleric's rhetoric then?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(05_SilverPri @ Jun 14 2007, 02:02 PM) [snapback]461742[/snapback]</div>
    I've seen reports to those #'s also.
    I am going to say that if that many Muslims do believe that, then they are totally against the Quran.
    The question is: how many will actually do it themselves.

Talk the talk, but walk the walk? or do they get somebody's kid to carry a backpack onto the bus for them.

& if I gave that kid $1m be4 they can get to him & gave him WII's & candy. How many kids wouldn't leave that backpack alone.

I am making it too simplistic, I know. But face with death or life full of wealth & able to support all of your needs & wants? Most ppl choose the latter.

8. micksimon

micksimon New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MickeyA @ Jun 14 2007, 06:32 PM) [snapback]461903[/snapback]</div>
    In the immortal words of the Church Lady, "Never mind!" Sorry, I misunderstood your post. :eek: I agree with your concept. 400B would have done a lot more good had it been invested in schools, health care, irrigation, etc.