1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Gorebal Warming

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by dbermanmd, Mar 14, 2007.

1. malorn

malorn Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Mar 14 2007, 03:12 PM) [snapback]405599[/snapback]</div>
    :lol:

2. MegansPrius

MegansPrius GoogleMeister, AKA bongokitty

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Mar 14 2007, 04:12 PM) [snapback]405599[/snapback]</div>
    Golly gee, Doctor Berman, all this science stuff is bunk! Theory Schmerey! I hope you practice medicine according to the four humors. We all know that the human body is filled with four basic substances, called Four humours, which are held in balance when a person is healthy. All diseases and disabilities result from an excess or deficit in one of these four humors. If only we had more doctors practicing according to the four humors there'd be no cancer! If only we had people like T.D. Lysenko dictating American Science policy we'd all be so much better. :p

3. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Mar 14 2007, 01:12 PM) [snapback]405599[/snapback]</div>
    Apparently you you do not listen to nor do your own research because you've been saying these things for quite some time now and the data has been presented to you or the link to where you can find the data yet you say the same things over and over again.

4. larkinmj

larkinmj New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MegansPrius @ Mar 14 2007, 04:35 PM) [snapback]405616[/snapback]</div>
    I don't know; Dr. Berman seems pretty humourless to me.

5. F8L

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(larkinmj @ Mar 14 2007, 01:41 PM) [snapback]405621[/snapback]</div>
    I like him. He is like the shadow me. My arch enemy that is the opposite of me in nearly every respect. Except when we find common ground. Then it gets scary. lol

6. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MegansPrius @ Mar 14 2007, 04:35 PM) [snapback]405616[/snapback]</div>
    one of the best humors we have today is gorebal warming - keeps me laughing all day long.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(F8L @ Mar 14 2007, 04:43 PM) [snapback]405623[/snapback]</div>
    i think we could be really good friends - scaryI know.

we may have opposite thoughts at times but thats ok.

a place in which everyone agreed on everything would be really boring and scary - kind of like the upcoming democratic convention (and republican one too except if pro-abortion rudy is still around then - would i love that)

have a nice day - and trust me i am not your arch enemy - i think you are a good guy - a bit misguided at times but a real good guy (that was a joke by the way).

stay safe and thank you for your words of friendship above, i appreciate it.

David

7. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(larkinmj @ Mar 14 2007, 04:41 PM) [snapback]405621[/snapback]</div>
    just a witchhunt man, believe me.

8. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    What was the latest blurb, instead of El Nino we are suffering from El Ninya?? as the pacific is cooling?? so this means the east will have stronger and more fequent Hurricanes?????

Our weather men have stated on the news a 60% chance of rain on Mon. hmm no rain.. Sounds like people are talking out of their butts again...

I at this point believe MAN isnt the cause of GW. I will agree with others that MAN may play a SMALL part, in the big picture until proven otherwise..

Becides everyone that is running around and screamming about GW are following Scientists that are making assumtions, theories & computer models show as accurate..
    We are HUMAN we make mistakes...

Good question!! ;)

9. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hycamguy07 @ Mar 14 2007, 05:42 PM) [snapback]405654[/snapback]</div>
    seriously - lets test these flat earth people - they have THOUSANDS OF SCIENTISTS, TENS OF THOUSANDS OF COMPUTERS AND PUBLICATIONS, they have ALGORE - so here is the question:

4/1/2010 what will the sea level be around the planet, what will the temperature be around the planet, and what will CO2 levels be around the planet. trust me, between now and then little if anything will change in terms of current behavior and attitudes so assume if anything the same amount (if not greater) of human activity as today...... please contact the mother ship and let us little people know. hey, i might just by some property in PA or perhaps Iowa based on your projections.

and if you could, after you do that for me, here is a much easier task - i mean its only a small $19 trillion economy with only a few hundred million people interacting with it - occupying a small fraction of the planets surface -- tell me what interest rates will be in 2010 too so i can decide to lock up my mortgage rate or not. thanks in advance for your cooperation.

10. Lywyllyn

Lywyllyn New Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Ice core samples for one. But I am sure this has been mentioned ad nauseum

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ice_core

11. eagle33199

eagle33199 Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Mar 14 2007, 03:12 PM) [snapback]405599[/snapback]</div>
    Berman, you're a moron who clearly doesn't read what others bother to post... Climate versus Weather

12. larkinmj

larkinmj New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Mar 14 2007, 05:55 PM) [snapback]405661[/snapback]</div>
    I have actually computed that. However, if I tell you, my ability to profit on my a priori knowledge will be greatly diminished. :)

13. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Man this is good stuff here......

However, it is almost a metaphysical certitude that this absolutely insane UFO story from Agence France-Presse will get attention from a media clamoring for anything that promotes more global warming hysteria

I would tend to believe the second quote It goes on to say that its not the first time the IPCC has changed the reports..

14. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    We'll be receiving our free copies of the DVD soon. A teacher came in today to say he got a confirmation e-mail that he'll be getting his DVD sometime in March. I also received a confirmation e-mail. I'll be barcoding my copy and adding it to the library collection for anyone to check out if they wish.

BTW you'd be surprised how many students don't doubt Global Warming. They do the primary source research and draw their own conclusions. Then again, none of them are registered to a political party and have no party loyalty or political bias.

15. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Godiva @ Mar 14 2007, 09:34 PM) [snapback]405763[/snapback]</div>
    Its not really about political parties, People just use that as a crutch.. What DVD? "Oh no not the Gorebal Warming Brainwashing DVD" :eek: the one that plants subliminal messages into those who watch it?? :lol: :lol:

Hey that sounds like a good script for a movie... ;)

16. F8L

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hycamguy07 @ Mar 14 2007, 06:54 PM) [snapback]405772[/snapback]</div>
    You say we're brainwashed, we say you're delusional (a persistent false belief held in the face of strong contradictory evidence, especially as a symptom of psychiatric disorder). :lol:

17. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(F8L @ Mar 14 2007, 10:19 PM) [snapback]405790[/snapback]</div>
    a persistent false belief held in the face of strong contradictory evidence, "So you say" again Im guessing you have these symptoms ;) especially as a symptom of psychiatric disorder..

You believe in mens theroies, tests, models, hypothosis's ect. Even when theres proof that the paperwork has been doctored? You sir are the ones that would be concidered delusional .. ;)

18. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(livelychick @ Mar 14 2007, 10:49 AM) [snapback]405480[/snapback]</div>
    Nevertheless these are still some pretty impressive temps. . .

"Then it got colder at night than even they had anticipated, possibly as low as -103 degrees outside their tent and -58 inside. In cold like that, they couldn't do much to warm up Arnesen's battered toes."

Wildkow

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lywyllyn @ Mar 14 2007, 03:08 PM) [snapback]405670[/snapback]</div>
    If you are talking about dating ice core samples by ring count that is highly inaccurate.

Wildkow

19. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lywyllyn @ Mar 14 2007, 06:08 PM) [snapback]405670[/snapback]</div>
    Ice core samples for one - how about what do they use to confirm the ice core samples? How do they get ice core samples from the Sahara or the Amazon that go back 650,000 years? and how do they know the temperature of the oceans from 650,000 years ago - floating icecubes :lol: And please tell me how they knew the temperatures from planet earth 650,000 years ago - some space alien data from the mother ship? how did they calculate the effects of solar activity back then - did they go to the video?

please admit that the computer models they are using are highly inaccurate - and at best are using incomplete if not inaccurate data. this whole thing is plagued with error - significant error.

but look, i am a little mind, a silly little guy who does not believe THOUSANDS OF SCIENTISTS, TENS OF THOUSANDS OF PUBLISHED PAPERS - so you, with your more complete knowledge of this thing i call gorebal warming - please explain to me why i should believe it - why the current constructs are NOT riddled with potential errors....

i am waiting, and please do not use big words. thanks.

20. larkinmj

larkinmj New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Mar 15 2007, 08:23 AM) [snapback]405974[/snapback]</div>
    No scientist will tell you that we know everything absolutely. And as a physician, you should certainly be aware that science is always changing and that our knowledge expands as new discoveries are made. For instance, you might be using surgical techniques today that would have been risky or ill-advised 20 years ago.
    What scientists agree upon (and yes, you can always find a few dissenters) is that our climate (and oceans) have been getting warmer; that the CO2 concentration in the atmosphere has been increasing and that CO2 is a major contributor to warming; and that CO2 in the atmosphere is largely due to antropogenic causes. Our BEST science TODAY suggests that we should be doing whatever we can to reduce CO2 emissions.
    Are there conflicting opinions on the magnitude of the effects on global warming? Absolutely. Is it unanimous, for instance, that hurricane severity is increasing as a function of global warming. Certainly not. Is there disagreement on what mitigating effects any measures we take will have? You bet. But all scientists can do is do the best they can do analyze the data that they have, because our policy makers rely upon this science to make decisions that have profound effects on us all.
    We can certainly talk about the evidence that scientists use such as ice cores, sediment samples, etc. But there is no point in even attempting to have a discussion with people who enter the debate with a clear agenda of totally discrediting global warming without even trying to understand the evidence; who totally disparage the scientific profession, and who use phrases such as "gorebal warming". If you are so convinced that global warming is just a liberal conspiracy to raise your taxes, there is nothing that I can say to convince you otherwise.
    Right now I am in the middle of writing a paper analyzing the Navy's method of predicting the effects of sonar noise on marine mammals. I have no problem explaining the scientific rationale, but I have to make this hold up to the scrutiny of lawyers so I am getting a headache. When answering a question from dbermanmd is a break in an otherwise stressful day, you know your job is tough!