1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Got 4 dash lights with no code?

Discussion in 'Prius v Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Priusv2013m, Mar 1, 2022.

1. Priusv2013m

Priusv2013m New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    I can't find anything similar to this or the same combination of lights.

Prius V 2013
    Yellow lights on are: hybrid system warning light + check engine light + tire pressure light + stability control light
    No codes show with OBD reader.
    They triggered all at once suddenly when I was out driving and a bag flew under my car.

There is a rodent under my hybrid battery that I just noticed. I'm not sure how my car would of been working fine up until now if it chewed up wires though.

The air tube next to my air filter might be loose. I'm not sure but the tension screw seemed different than the other screws.

Acceleration is slowed and traction seems to not be picking up in the engine when revved. The engine can go high RPM but it feels like the brakes are on or something.

Anyone have any idea what this specific combination of issues might be? It seems like it's a bunch of different stuff but it all triggered at once. Is it too optimistic to think a plastic bag just got clogged somewhere important, or a sensor got covered somehow? Thanks.

2. rjparker

rjparker Tu Humilde Sirviente

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    You need a better scanner to read hybrid codes. Miles on your 2013 helps. Your location also helps because you might be near a good hybrid shop or other non-dealer resource. In most cases on a ten year old hybrid its the high voltage battery although it could be the brake booster or inverter. There are hybrid related codes rodent damage could cause but we rarely hear of damage to the high voltage wiring.