1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Got a new to me Prius (2015 two) so I’m back!

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by sambojoho, May 16, 2023.

1. sambojoho

sambojoho Proud conservative

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello to everyone. I’m looking forward to contributing again

Montgomery likes this.
  2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    congratulations, all the best!

how is the used market these days?

how many miles on her?

3. sambojoho

sambojoho Proud conservative

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    It has 78k miles on it. Got it for $13,300 so below book value. I have just been casually looking for a car for my daughter who recently got her license. I have other cars so I was willing to wait for a good deal.

i also own a 2014.5 Camry SE( my other daughter drives this one). a 2016 Highlander limited (my primary car), and a 2018 Rav4 limited (wife’s car)

the used car market is still tough but improving I think. I tend to keep cars for a long time so I think I am set on cars for everyone for quite awhile

4. ColoradoBoo

ColoradoBoo Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Welcome back! In 2017, when replacing my wife's 2008 Corolla (she sold it to our daughter who was t-boned in her Honda van...totaled it.) we shopped for a new Toyota and I really wanted her to get an Avalon...she said it was too big...so looked at the Camry, still too big. She spotted a light-green thing so we looked at it...Prius...one of them hybrids? She loved it and still does....I was so impressed with the MPGs I got rid of my old Scion iQ for an AWD version...still get 64 mpg if I drive like a grandma...but I usually drive like a bat so getting 55-58.
    It's very hard to find any used hybrids here in Colorado...lots of gas guzzlers available, though.

5. 2R45

2R45 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    I wonder if the gen 4’s will be reduced owing to the the new style generation five?

6. ColoradoBoo

ColoradoBoo Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    While I love new Prius model, I'm more tempted to trade my 2014 Tundra for a 2024 Tacoma...I still miss my 2005 Taco...my "silver bullet"... (Had to get the V-8 in the Tundra when we bought a bigger camper trailer but, last year, downsized to a smaller trailer so the Taco can pull it.)

Oh the turmoil!!