1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Got a Prius for free, looking for some advice. Have some DrPrius info.

Discussion in 'Generation 1 Prius Discussion' started by Helgaiden, Mar 23, 2022.

1. Helgaiden

Helgaiden Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    So far I haven't seen it be anything other than 30HP at the end of my drives. Well, 30.5.

#21 Helgaiden, Mar 24, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2022
  2. Helgaiden

Helgaiden Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Got a call back from the shop and he reported that the battery, as I've now seen, is in working condition but said it was "weak." asked him how long he thinks it might have left, and he said it could be months or years. Hard to tell. He was wearing of putting too much of a load on the battery saying it could be risky. Sounds good enough to me. Needs a rear wheel bearing and the front struts replaced. Also getting an oil change and new spark plugs and gonna just drive it till it quits. Hopefully later rather than sooner!

ammdb likes this.
  3. Helgaiden

Helgaiden Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Do you guys have any recommendations on headlights for the Gen 1s? The stock ones i've noticed are very dim. I found Sylvania 9003 ZXE Golds were being said to be helpful but they are kinda pricey. Looking up 9003 bulbs on Amazon returned a ton of stuff, including 9003 LED lights. Are any of those amazon LED 9003 bulbs direct fit replacements and possibly a better choice than the Sylvanias?