1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Got a used 2012 Four with Solar package..

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by mnsweeps, Mar 10, 2013.

1. mnsweeps

mnsweeps Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I got a used 2012 Prius Four with solar package from Toyota Of Santa Barbara yesterday . The deal was very good so I took Amtrak from LA area and they picked me from Goleta station :)

Anyway how do I test the solar panels? I park inside my garage and its cooler. I understand the way to turn it on is when the power is on press the "solar" button on the left side of the steering wheel. Is that the only way to test it? I also have a AC button on the remote ..how does it work on that? I mean I will use the remote when I am outside the car but the power will be OFF at that time..

2. B. Roberts

B. Roberts Hypah Milah! Ayuh.

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Best way to test solar fan will be to put your Prius in the sun (windows and sunroof closed) and wait until the interior heats up. The fan will come on... you'll hear it faintly near the bottom of the windshield if you're in a quiet spot.

When approaching your locked Prius after leaving it out on a hot day, hit the AC button and your AC will come on for about 10 minutes (max time), or less if you open the door... cooling your interior.

Worked great for us in Florida last Summer.

3. css28

css28 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    The solar roof button has two positions--it's slightly recessed in the "on" position. There's no need to do anything other than leave in the "on" position continuously unless there's outdoor smoke or dust that you want to avoid.
    If you're parked in warm bright sun it will continue to function until you turn the car on. You can sit in the car and feel the breeze out of the vents to experience its function.