1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Got Dad's approval

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Shane Burns, Jan 24, 2016.

1. Shane Burns

Shane Burns Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Yup! My dad was like other people who loathe Prius! He thought Prius is slow and underpowered. When I first bought a Prius and I told him I got a new car and he would get excited and said what car??? I told him a Prius! He was like. Oh.... a Prius... Anyway, fast forward to last week. My family are getting ready for Las Vegas and my dad asked what car we will driving on. I told him my car! Immediately, my dad look worried. I told him, don't worry, Prius is very reliable car. (LOL, you should look at his face, he was really nervous! haha) So four of us are going. (Keep in mind, two of us are um.. overweight but tall and other one is obese and Im only one that is slim. So all of us weight maybe roughly 800lbs total!) So we drove from SoCal to Vegas and Interstate 15 usually have some deep hills. As we drove up some several deep hills, my Prius just keep chugging along like it was no problem carrying us. And of course MPG took a huge hit. My dad was really surprised! Like really surprised! He told me that my Prius have a lot of power to carry us. Now, he is telling his friends that Prius are awesome and have decent power to drive. And everyone should test drive a Prius.

I can officially say that my dad love my Prius! Haha :D

Data Daedalus, Hasan and bisco like this.
  2. tanglefoot

tanglefoot Whee!

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Haha--it's tough not to fall in love with them once you are around one. I kind of forgot how much "reserve" power there is. I usually don't use much of the pedal travel, but I was having a little fun yesterday, and wow! I wasn't even at the floor but it was scootin'!

My Dad likes 'em too...he got one a few weeks after I did.

Data Daedalus and Shane Burns like this.
  3. Montgomery

Montgomery Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    All people have to do is drive one. The "pillow soft gas pedal" takes getting used to. But it really is a car that is made for stop and go driving. My gas mileage goes way up in bumper to bumper traffic. Plus, many people think they are small inside. That is, until they sit inside one. I just got back from a week in Hawaii and I had to rent a Hyundai mid size sonata. Seats were terrible (both front and rear). It made you feel like you had to climb out of cockpit. So many blind spots I nearly cut off a guy. Transmission couldn't make up its mind on what gear to be in and it roared whenever I wanted to go up a slight incline. Even the radio was a piece of ....................anyway, I digress.

4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    great story, thanks shane.(y)