1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Got Me One

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by ack714, Mar 18, 2011.

1. ack714

ack714 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Went and bought a Silver 2008 Prius with Nav/Bluetooth. It has some miles on it but drives great. Its getting around 46 MPG on 90 miles a day half HWY /half City. We are really enjoying it. Traded in an old Cherokee Sport that I couldnt drive because it got 10 MPG and only started when it felt like it.
    The opinions given directly and indirectly from this forum were a great help. Thanks to all. Now I have the Prius with a 98 Corolla as a back up.
    I am going to change the Trans axle and oil asap. Everything else seems good, knock on wood. Looked at quite a few Prius's, dealt with dealers and owners. Finally settled on the first one I drove after bartering down 2 grand including my POS Jeep (which I was fond of). I probably would have ended up scrapping it so I feel like I scored twice.
    Thanks again for this forum. Glad to be part of it.
    rob

Attached Files:

2. uart

uart Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Good stuff. 46 MPG is going to be real nice after previously getting 10. :D

You'll probably find with a bit of practice and with warmer weather you'll get over 50 MPG easy.

3. woodenpaddler

woodenpaddler Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Congrads Rob. this forum was a help to me too. I got a 2008 Prius Touring just two weeks ago with 30k miles, in like new condition way below book value. The dealer had a dozen used ones on the lot and took my first low offer on the one I picked.

Now, after the calamity in Japan and continued gas price increases the dealer's used stock is gone. really crazy timing

4. Lori 08

Lori 08 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius
    Model:
    Limited
    I have an 08 with 27,000 and have never had any issues with it. Never been in for any repairs. You bought a car with a great track record.