1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

GOT MY CAR! Who is next?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by winebuff, May 17, 2009.

1. winebuff

winebuff Proud owner of a 2010 Prius

Model:
    IV
    I LOVE the sunroof by the way!

Had it open all day today except when it rained (does that alot here) but it is awesome. If you are waffling, go for it. Really gives you a open feeling and puts a smile on your face while driving. I had this stupid grin on all day long

2. Musigny

Musigny New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Hi Julie, the missing sunglass carrier must be a function of the moonroof package because my Prius (sans moonroof) has one. It's a silly little thing, but I was thrilled to find it there. Now my sunglasses won't get scratched when I toss them in the cupholder or on the passenger seat. Your leather seats look fantastic!

If there's one thing I'm not thrilled with, it's the upholstery Toyota used to cover the center console/armrest on mine. I have the bisque interior, and instead of hard plastic (or a more durable fabric) it appears to be covered in thin bisque fabric that looks like it will pill with age and friction.

One more minor complaint-- this is my first Toyota of any kind, so I have no idea what's typical, but mine doesn't have automatic or "always on" headlamps. This is the first time in 10 years that I'll have to remember to turn them off when I walk away from my car.

3. ggood

ggood Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    None of the trim levels have auto on/off headlights. However, if the headlights are on, and you turn the car off and get out, the headlights do turn off.

4. a priori

a priori Canonus Curiosus

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Glad to hear the sunglasses holder has been retained!

This has been a regular complaint. My 2007 has the bisque interior, but in leather, so I haven't experienced the problem. Several people have complained about the fabric covering -- not that it pills, but that it separates or tears.

While there may not be an Auto setting (and I really missed it for the first year or so!), there is an auto off. This means you don't have to worry about forgetting to leave your lights on -- so long as you exit out the driver's side door, that is! If you want to drive in a lights-on mode all the time, then this is your car!

1 person likes this.
  5. winebuff

Model:
    IV
    Yeah, it must be the sunroof. Although, I liked the sunglass storage. Oh well, cant have everything.

6. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    wow.. that's so weird. That means they have 3 different types of overhead consoles.

1. plastic controls for the personal lights (OFF/DOOR/ON). The personal lights (aka maplights) are activated by pushing the edge of the light cover. Has sunglass holder

2. black shiny disc used to control the personal lights (OFF/DOOR/ON) as well as a separate button for each of the maplights. The ambient light is located away from the disc. Has sunglass holder

3. black shiny disc, same as above but incorporates the ambient lightbulb into the disc itself and has the moonroof controls on it.
    No sunglass holder

Just be careful as it does get hot in that compartment. I haven't had any problems with melted sunglasses but some have.

Yeah, that's a complaint with the current model. My driver's armrest and the edge oft he centre console lid have worn out.

In Canada, we have automatic headlamps. In the US, it's AUTO-OFF only so it will turn off the lights if you left them on. So no worries there. It just won't automatically turn on.

7. onehsancare

onehsancare Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Finally!! Just walked in the door, having picked up New Blue in McMinnville tonight! :)

[​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

What a joy to drive! More tomorrow--the bus to Salem leaves at 6:00 a.m. What a letdown riding the bus will be . . . but I was happy tonight!

[imglink][​IMG][/imglink]

4 people like this.
  8. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Congrats!! What a lovely colour! Post pics in the newly opened 2010 Prius owners pictures thread!

9. dbacksfan

dbacksfan Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    You look soooooo happy! Enjoy!!!

10. HTMLSpinnr

HTMLSpinnr Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    A note on the auto-off - the feature is now auto-off after about 30 seconds vs. when opening the driver's door after power off.

11. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Indeed and a much appreciated change. It now acts a a "Follow-Me Home" function (basically a courtesy light that stays on so that you can find your way to the front door assuming the car faces the house lol)

12. winebuff

Model:
    IV
    Love everything about the car. Forgot to turn off lights today and they went off. Great!

13. Steve Cebu

Steve Cebu New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    What do you think about the arch in the center console?
    Some people seem like it others hate it.
    My wife thinks it would be good for her purse. :)

14. winebuff

Model:
    IV
    It is fine. I have gotten alot of compliments when they see the inside of the car. The remarks are: oh, I like that. It is good storage space.

15. Steve Cebu

Steve Cebu New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Thanks Julie. I was also wondering how wide the area is where the driver sits? I like to splay my legs out a bit while driving on long drives. In my Civic my right leg would get poked by the e-brake. I guess width is subjective, I just haven't had a chance to sit in one yet. I hope it will be ok. :confused:

16. winebuff

Model:
    IV
    There is alot of room. I think it is more than adequate

17. jkash

jkash Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    This is fun. It reminds me of five years ago when the early adopters started getting their cars. Me, I had to wait until the end of February in 2004 to get mine. The waiting list was awful at the beginning.

18. 2010prius

2010prius Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Ordered my package IV today will here by weekend about delivery.

19. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    See I find it funny that a lotta people comment about the storage space under the console and how that's a good use of space. What about the space in the current Prius?? It's already there, it just doesn't have a bridge over it, not to mention the secret drawer.

20. bestmapman

bestmapman 04, 07 ,08, 09, 10, 16, 21 Prime

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Mine is due at he dealer on the 26th.