1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Got my entune flash drive today!!

Discussion in 'Prius c Audio and Electronics' started by TC400, Jun 30, 2012.

?
  1. Yes

19 vote(s)
    23.8%
  2. No

61 vote(s)
    76.3%
  1. ftl

ftl Explicator

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three

Erica: Thanks for your response, but you must know that there are many, many posts on PriusChat about hacking not just the relatively innocuous audio/nav system, but the much more critical engine and car operation, using ScanGauge and various other hardware projects. ​

I'm sure you've also seen that there have been many complaints both before and after the current update about Entune's quirky, unintuitive, and unreliable operation, and its poorly documented features. And as far as I can find, there is no detailed documentation anywhere for the recent update.​

I suggest that Toyota should tap in to the expertise of its large base of power users here by setting up a separate feedback page for Entune problems, questions, and suggestions. It's obvious that users who post on PriusChat have a wide range of experience with other audio and navigation systems, many of which have far superior user interfaces, options and functions to Entune.​

Should Toyota take up this suggestion, it would be of critical importance that questions and problems not be answered with the boilerplate responses we're used to getting from "Toyota Customer Experience" at the corporate website. And users should not be told, as I just was when I reported an Entune problem: "If you need immediate assistance, we recommend you contact the Customer Relations Manager at your local Toyota dealership." From reports here, it's obvious that support staff at this level knows less about Entune at the moment than most owners.​

As I suggested above, what is really needed is a direct connection between power users and the engineering staff responsible for Entune, at a level where the staff can understand users' problems and suggestions and offer constructive responses. If Toyota really is serious about improving Entune, this could be a very valuable resource.​

davekro, Dylan Murphy, smurs and 3 others like this.
  2. priusCpilot

priusCpilot Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    You can delete apps if you no longer want them. There is a way if you play with it

3. Tek55

Tek55 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I could not agree more

SILVERCwSUN likes this.
  4. priusCpilot

priusCpilot Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Anyone been able to start Pandora with Entune? I speak it but it won't start the app? I said this feature was added to the update?

5. Prius Team

Prius Team Toyota Marketing USA

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Yes, I know there are many threads on here re Hacking, but I still have to share the official Toyota line on us not approving of any of it.

As for the rest of your suggestions, here's the deal. Toyota has a strict company policy that it can't accept unsolicited ideas due to the fact that we may already be working on an idea and then we get into a sticky situation with whose idea it was, etc. So, opening up a thread and encouraging new ideas is something I can’t do. However, you know we have a presence on PriusChat for the purpose of listening to our customers and providing whatever help we can. If you were to start an Entune issues thread, I would certainly pop on as often as possible to check out the latest and perhaps escalate or respond when possible. That said, the only, and let me stress only, ways to ensure your feedback is logged and officially received is to either submit it through your dealer or contact the Customer Experience Center (CEC). PriusChat is not considered an official channel for logging complaints, feedback etc etc so my strong suggestion is to contact the CEC to officially log the issue and then feel free to raise it on PC as well. If I catch it and can do anything about it, I certainly will give it my best.

Hope that helps,

Erica Gartsbeyn
    Prius Product Manager
    Toyota USA

cwerdna, BaconWithThat and bisco like this.
  6. Mik1

Mik1 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Question for Erica. Is the flash drive with entune mailed out in A to Z order? My last name is starting with one of the last letter in the alphabet and I didn't get my flash drive even 2+ weeks after I've got an email from toyota.

7. jsfabb

jsfabb Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Just for reference my last name starts with an F and I got mine Tuesday.

It was a pretty easy install and the only slight glitch was when it restart after the install, it looked like the same old number of icons and then the screen updated to the new ones.

8. JLee81

JLee81 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    I just got mine yesterday and my last name begins with D.

SGH-T989 ? 2

9. Mik1

Mik1 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Yikes... I guess I need to wait for another 4+ weeks with my Yo_O

10. wongnog

wongnog Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Technology
    Has anyone in canada tried this USB update? Did it work,did it give you more apps? We only have Maps up here in the north :(

11. eco31

eco31 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    I got mine done the second week of July. Much better with iHeart and Open Table. I do not use anyhing else on the nav except for Pandora, iHeart, Weather from the Apps menu.

12. SILVERCwSUN

SILVERCwSUN Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Received the email notification saying I will be receiving my Entune upgrade flash drive update in the mail soon.

13. SILVERCwSUN

SILVERCwSUN Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Very well stated, I agree.

14. Mik1

Mik1 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    One more week passed by, 3+ in total - still waiting for my flash drive...:mad: It seems that I was right with A to Z mailing order... :(

15. JLee81

JLee81 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    The file that was uploaded is what I used to update and it worked perfectly. I'd suggest going that route if you are tired of waiting.

SGH-T989 ? 2

16. Prius Team

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    If you haven't received your sticks, feel free to call the Toyota Customer Experience Center to let them know. Thanks, Erica

17. babalooo

babalooo Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I still haven't received my flash drive. Erica, what is the phone number to call?

18. Prius Team

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Toyota Customer Experience Center: 800-331-4331

19. BBSparks

BBSparks Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I've upgraded Entune also - it went very smoothly. But now there is a problem with the song display.
    I use a 16gb USB drive that holds about 500 songs - after the Entune update, *some* of the album art no longer displays. It shows a tacky graphic relating to the genre instead. Anyone else have this issue. Anyone know how to resolve it? The album art showed properly for all the songs before the upgrade.

20. managerman

managerman Prius v Nerd

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Same issue...not sure how to change it...I assume it is supposed to show the "genre" graphic if no album art is available or is corrupt.

-M