1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Got my Option #1 today, fair price, no wait

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by ddepriest, Jan 28, 2006.

1. ddepriest

ddepriest New Member

After a two month, multi-state search for a Prius, and lots of good info and tips on this site, I used the fax-blitz approach and found several dealers who were willing to fight for my business. I closed on my Option #1 package today at Toyota of Gastonia in NC. $22633 + tax, etc. It was $322 below invoice, but if you figure in their $599 deal prep, it came out to about $277 above invoice. Fair price, I thought, and delivered within two days of ordering.

I went into the dealership armed with facts and figures, but worried they’d still try to pull a fast one. I was pleasantly surprised. The folks were nice, down-to-Earth, and didn’t try to push anything extra on me. No haggle with the figures – the ones we agreed to verbally on the phone were the only ones we worked with.

One thing they tried to sell was a Platinum extended care warranty for $1695. I know from this site that they can be bought for $990, but the Finance guy said their version comes with a GPR, which means if I don’t use any of the warranty in 7 years, I can get a full refund at that time, less $50. Is this feature worth the extra money, or am I better of paying $990 for a plan without GPR?

2. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Check with Troy. That may be part of the regular warranty you get from him and just a line their salesman is handing you to get you to fork over more money.

BTW I don't drive that much so I got Troy's 7 year, 75,000 mile, 0 deductible warranty for about $690.

3. HeyKB

HeyKB Not so new member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Did you mean MSRP, or invoice? Anything below invoice is quite a coup. MSRP is pretty typical.

4. Kiloran

Kiloran New Member

$22,634 is invoice for package #1 plus applique and preferred accessories package.
    Sounds very much like you paid up to $599 over invoice if the dealer prep didn't include title, registration, tags, etc.