1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Got my VIN # today & an approximate date on 2015 v (lowercase v for the Prius v wagon) Tech package

Discussion in 'Prius v Main Forum' started by bikeboy999, Dec 3, 2014.

1. bikeboy999

bikeboy999 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Went to dealer today, while the wife had an appointment beside. The manager told me that he was on system yesterday and there was no news. So today he checked for me, and voila my car is on the ship heading here from Japan. It has a mid-January date. So I guess more info and hatred about the new Masserati looking front end will be appearing. :)

B

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    ah, i remember those days. pretty exciting! theres a website where you can watch your ship move across the pacific, and even see your car on a webcam as it comes thru the canal. all the best!(y)

3. bikeboy999

bikeboy999 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Hello Bisco,
    Any chance you remember the details of web site or web cams to watch the car coming. How did you find the ship etc..

B

4. bikeboy999

bikeboy999 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I took my van in for an oil change and hunted around dealership till I found it. The car was brought in a few days before (dealership still moving into new digs). The service mgr said the pdi was done and the rest will be done on Monday. I will bring my snow tires in to have them installed. So next Wednesday I will be able to answer any questions about the car. Have been driving the van so I hope I can get back to hyper miling fast. :)

Brian

PS I was told that this dealership will be getting non-sold cars to sell in February.

5. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
  6. Quentin

Quentin Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    What trim and options? Interior and exterior color?

7. bikeboy999

bikeboy999 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    It is the Technology package (which would be the v (it is a lowercase v, not an uppercase v, for the Prius v wagon) in US), and same colour as my 2012 was. Silver, sales manager showed me that it has an off switch for traction control.

Brian

#7 bikeboy999, Jan 12, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2015
  8. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Sweet! Haven't seen a Canadian-spec v yet. Let us know how the audio/navigation system differs from the U.S.

9. Martin LaBarre

Martin LaBarre New Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Great! Our 15 v (lowercase v for the Prius v, not an uppercase v) as the switch for the traction control. You can put it off up to 50 km/h. At 50km/h it came back to «normal»operation. It's very usefull to be able to disengage it when the streets are very icy going uphill.

10. mtl_sienna

mtl_sienna Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    That is great to know as my steep icy driveway is not traction control friendly. Hope mine arrives soon!

11. bikeboy999

bikeboy999 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    All went well with picking up the new car. Both my wife and I noticed immediately the loss of size in the backup screen. Still trying to find the happy spot of which displays to run with, use Garmin for GPS. The electric seat on drivers side makes it worth the wait. I am thinking it might be quieter, but have only done 5k. The new "i" choice of eco challenge looks promising. Man it is really nice to be back to hypermiling with no gears to change when looking for the right speed. I will add to this as I get some more miles in. Off to have the windows tinted tomorrow. Then it will look sweet again.

Brian
    PS might be first 2015 v (lowercase v) sold in Canada. :)

Tideland Prius likes this.
  12. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    congrats! what were you driving? all the best!(y)

13. bikeboy999

bikeboy999 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I had a 2012 Prius v Five until it was t-boned on the passenger side. Until yesterday we have shared the old Sienna with the son and his wife.

Brian