1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

GPS MPH vs Dash MPH

Discussion in 'Prime Technical Discussion' started by MikailSJ, Mar 14, 2018.

1. fuzzy1

fuzzy1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    If you don't adjust your speed accordingly, but keep the same display speed as before, then your apparent MPG will drop even more.
    Not really. It will be slightly under-reading, but not by enough for anyone to sue a previous individual owner. This has been applied only to manufacturers in broad class action suits for over-reading odometers causing premature end of warranties.
    Long ago, I received class action lawsuit notifications covering my Honda and first Subaru. In both cases, the lawyers prevailed over the car makers. In both cases, my cars neither displayed the alleged defects, not had any just-out-of-warranty repairs that could have been retroactively covered by the settlements. In fact, they had no relevant repairs until very long after any conceivable warranty extension.

But the lawyers did receive a very significant pile of cash to cover their (manufactured) legal fees.

2. SteveMucc

SteveMucc Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    and or would it interfere with the dead reckoning within the navigation system (steering angle and rotation).

3. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    I'd like to nominate this thread for being completely pointless.

Dudley1030 and Wuzki like this.