1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

GPS north and south

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by 8Nguy500, Dec 1, 2022.

1. 8Nguy500

8Nguy500 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    Limited
    I drive a 2019 Prius limited edition bought new iat the beginning of 2020. This is my third Prius all have had the GPS. The other day I'm driving back from La Cross WI going south on Route 35. I notice that the Mississippi river is now on my left side on the GPS. When I look out the window it is on the right side where it has always been.
    So my question is why is my car icon not pointed in the direction I'm going? I'm driving south, my compas showes me driving south but the river is on the left side.
    It seems that I have always driven with my car going in the correct direction but I was always heading to the top of the GPS screen not the botton?
    Did I flip a setting and how do I get it back?

2. fuzzy1

fuzzy1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    It certainly sounds like a setting was somehow flipped, to my preferred setting. But I promise that I didn't mess with your car.

3. 8Nguy500

8Nguy500 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    Limited
    Thanks for the interest. But just for the heck of it if you were to mess with my settings how would I correct that?

4. fuzzy1

fuzzy1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    If I were to mess with another 2012-15, I'd go to the Nav screen, then press:

Options | Map Settings | Map Layout

... then select among the choices of 3D Heading, 2D Heading, and 2D North. While I prefer North, you prefer one of the Heading choices.

Hopefully your 2019 has a somewhat similar settings menu structure.

vvillovv likes this.