1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

GPS screen with Green leaves or plants

Discussion in 'Prime Audio, Electronics, and Infotainment' started by dalcon95, Jan 11, 2017.

1. priuscatprimeguy

priuscatprimeguy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Same thing in Michigan, my local dealer had two Prime's one red and my blue one, they don't know when they will be getting any more

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

dalcon95 likes this.
  2. dalcon95

dalcon95 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    That's crazy. I had to pickup the tag at the dealership and the sales manager told me that I am more than welcome to give the car back to him so he will have one being he doesn't foresee getting another one anytime soon. I feel special. LOL

priuscatprimeguy likes this.
  3. lextoy

lextoy Active Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    sorry to resurrect an old thread, but i have a related question...
    the leaves, on the map, are they super tiny ? no matter what resolution i set the map to, the leaves appear really small.
    they do switch to little sprouts or apples or whatever, so i can see its working.
    but i wonder if they are really always so small???
    also do the leaves correlate to the blue bar in the efficient drive display on the MID ???

4. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I don't have the leaves (not available in Canada) but I don't recall any manual or anybody mentioning that they change size. I have noticed that the navigation labels are smaller than previous Toyota names (just my address book labels on the map).

No. The leaves are part of PED - Predictive Efficient Driving. PED keeps track of the places you regularly slow down or brake (e.g. stop signs or traffic lights) and marks them on the map with leaves. When you approach a leaf marker and lift off the accelerator, the car will regen harder than it normally would in anticipation of that stop.

The blue bar on the MID is called the "Eco Accelerator Support". It roughly suggests the amount of accelerator pedal application it thinks you should use to be the most efficient for that moment. (whether it's cruising or accelerating from a stop). Of course if you need to accelerate harder to pass or go up a hill, then by all means, press harder on the pedal. I believe the blue bar correlates to the acceleration score on the Eco Driving Score page (the one with the 5 bars that measure acceleration, cruising and braking as well as climate control use)