1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

GPS Tracking

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by wilburmw, Mar 6, 2012.

1. wilburmw

wilburmw New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I have a 2007 Prius with built-in navigation. I was thinking about having my car shipped across country and wanted a GPS solution to be able to track the vehicle in-route.

Can I use the built-in navigation system to track my vehicle from a computer?

2. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
  3. KK6PD

KK6PD _ . _ . / _ _ . _

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Tom is correct, NO is the correct answer! But...there is this little module, I have one planted in my car, and I can find my location to within 30 feet or better!
    http://www.amazon.com/dp/product/B0014J61GI?tag=priuschatcom-20
    It's called a Zoonbak module, it is about the size of a pager, remember pagers! You get the car kit, and the thing just sits there and runs off the battery in the car. To find your car, log into Zoombak.com enter your account password and hit "Find my location" seconds later up pops a map with a dot, there you are!
    $15 a month monitoring fee, or a onetime lifetime $400 fee, depends how long you want to keep track of your car. If you get tired of tracking your car, you can clip it onto your pets collar and when they run away GPS your pet and find it!
    I have had on for the last 3 years now. I think it works rather well! I find my car to within 15 ft. the real time tracking is spotty, but works OK. Best place to mount is in front of the car under the plastic dash under the windshield. It can get a signal in and out there the best!

1 person likes this.
  4. kohnen

kohnen Grumpy, Cranky Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    1 person likes this.
  5. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    The socket is in back, just under the tail. Let us know how it works.

Tom