1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

GPS troubles "I Need Help!"

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Wildkow, Jul 10, 2006.

1. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I don't think my GPS used to do this but now a lot of times that I input addresses on a smaller or two lane road I get this message.

"For your destination there will be roads with incomplete data, turn for turn guidance will not be provided for these areas." or something to that effect. . . I'm getting more and more disappointed in the GPS unit everyday.

Could someone in California please input this address for me and see if they get this message?

1515 Draper Street, Kingsburg, CA

Thank you so much. . .

Wildkow

2. tacomel

tacomel New Member

FWIW, I have received that message many times, going to practically any destination outside of the greater Madison area, as there are lots of small, farm-type roads here in southern WI. I have not ever found it to be a problem, either in missing a turn or failing to identify a destination address - although my sample size is small (about 5 such excursions).

3. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Taco Mel @ Jul 10 2006, 03:23 PM) [snapback]284105[/snapback]</div>
    Thanks Taco Mel

Im my case I live or die by the accuracy of my GPS unit. I'm a Real Estate Appraiser and when I'm out in rural areas looking for addy's or comps the dang thing has just got to work, period. <_<

Wildkow

4. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Can anyone from California help me?

5. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wildkow @ Jul 10 2006, 05:28 PM) [snapback]284076[/snapback]</div>
    It is a common message. And for those of us with earlier versions of the Toyota based DVD/NAV system was much much more common in earlier models than newer ones. My '02 Lexus LS 430 gives me this message much more frequently than my '04 Toyota Sienna which gives it more frequently than my '06 Prius.

You should notice an arrow directing you to your destination as well as the marked route. Just follow the arrow and you will get there. There is no perfect GPS system that covers every address -- yet.

6. Salsawonder

Salsawonder New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Hey there!
    I put it in and got the regular 3 route choices. I only have one pip and have to work so I didn't go there (318 miles from here). I put in the city name 1st, then the street address. Hope that helps.

7. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Salsawonder @ Jul 11 2006, 09:05 AM) [snapback]284447[/snapback]</div>
    It won't say it until after you enter which route you want to take. Could you pleeeeeze try one more time?

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You, Thank You, Thank You, Thank You, Thank You.

Wildkow

8. Salsawonder

Salsawonder New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Yeah, it did say it after it looked like I was actually going there. Back your visit up with Mapquest or a regular map and hope the Jeannie in the Prius can get you where you want to go! Are you sneaking up on someone? Could they meet you in a more well known area? I guess I just never worry much about getting lost.

9. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Salsawonder @ Jul 12 2006, 04:12 PM) [snapback]285266[/snapback]</div>
    Yeah I suppose I could it's just that I spent a bundle of money on this NAV/GPS system. So far I am a might disappointed in it.

Wildkow