1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Great deal on 12v Optima battery

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by PeteJE, Sep 5, 2014.

1. PeteJE

PeteJE Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I want to pass on a review and recommendation for a replacement 12v Optima battery. I found a source online with a deeply discounted price:

Optima DS46B24R Optima battery direct fit replacement for Prius 2004 + , Prius V & Plug-in Prius with Instructions

The battery was brand new and perfect quality. It shipped and arrived in a day, included pictorial installation instructions, and worked out perfectly.

My 2010 original 12v battery finally failed after leaving the car for a week at airport parking. It started and got us home (phew) but just a few short errands that day killed it and it would not start the car or charge sufficiently anymore.

I wanted to pass a recommendation on as it was such a great value and service from this individual Prius enthusiast and supplier; he deserves it. I have no association with the co. other than being a customer. Who doesn't love a great deal and quality customer care? :)

2. cproaudio

cproaudio Speedlock Overrider

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    It might have great review and customer service but deeply discounted price is not. Amazon has the battery for $147.05

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    may i ask the voltage upon arrival?

4. Roland1555

Roland1555 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Different country and distribution network to an extant, but my Optima was shipped to my door factory fresh; only around 3 weeks old per the manufacture date. Came from the center far north of Canada during the polar vortex days so it was reading 12.7 or something, I charged it up prior to installing and it was 13.1 IIRC.

I like the fact that the Optima still uses pure lead and the same construction as it has for close to 20 years now.

If I could have sourced a new good condition Exide locally I was going that direction, but as I could only fine old neglected stuff on the shelf here I ended up going Optima. FWIW it is fine and has passed 2 tests at the dealer when the car has been serviced with flying colours.

Roland

5. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    it has been said that they were bought out and quality has declined. how old is yours?