1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Great Deal on Optima Battery - $125 + Tax

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by stevemcelroy, May 31, 2012.

1. stevemcelroy

stevemcelroy Active Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Hey all - just came across a great (best that I have seen) on the Optima Yellow Top battery for the Prius - I bought mine about a year ago when Optima had a coupon and I think that I paid about $170 shipped for it.

Advance Auto is selling it for $199.99 here. You will need to have a store nearby as it appears that they do not have this available for shipping and needs to be picked up in store. If there is an issue with the direct link you can search for item # DS46B24R.
    When you go to check out use the coupon code VISA to cut the price to $149.99
    There is a $25 mail in rebate that can be found here.

So after all of that rigmarole you wind up with a end-cost of $124.99 plus tax. Hope that this helps out someone in need of a new battery.

On a related note - I have been very happy with mine and installing it was a breeze. There were a few videos that I watched on youtube before I started and I was able to install mine in about 35 minutes.

edthefox5 and SageBrush like this.
  2. eliteconcept

eliteconcept 700 mile club, top tank mpg 69.5

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    man so tempting. our 2005 is on its original battery still

3. Pdub

Pdub Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Apparently early on people were able to get it shipped, but now customer service says they will no longer ship due to "safety" reasons.:cry:

4. Oldwolf

Oldwolf Prius Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Four
    I did this and used the same coupon. Still waiting on the rebate though!

5. CNC_guy

CNC_guy New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I ordered this battery online from Advance in early May and it was shipped to my work in a box that was about 3 times too big with minimal packing. It was apparent the battery had tumbled several times...the negative post was bent to 90 degrees to the point of almost breaking.

I called customer service and finally after the fellow had blamed UPS over and over, he told me to go to my nearest Advance to return the battery and have them order a new one as long as the manager approved. Luckily, my local Advance has a good staff and they took care of me right away. The manager told me this was the third battery he had seen like that for this year. The new battery was there the next morning. The manager told me to always check with them on internet deals because they can do the same deal 99% of the time.

6. Oldwolf

Oldwolf Prius Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Four
    Got my $25 rebate yesterday!