1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Great gas mileage gain!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Fuel Economy' started by PriusHappy, Jan 20, 2006.

1. Isaac Zachary

Isaac Zachary Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I get the hint that you don't like to work. Both making sure you have enough water or enough clothing take preplanning. The problem with wetting your cloths all day long is that you're going to have to bring with you a lot more water.

But thousands of people each year do die from heat stroke. (TBH thousands also die from hypothermia).

And weren't we excluding the advantage of having a home and focusing only on the body? I mean if I can't have a warm home nearby but you can have one that both has water and magically stays cool without a fan or air conditioning seems kind of hypocritical.

That's YOUR opinion. Plenty of people all over the world live in both hot and cold areas. My whole family actually moved to where it was a lot warmer for a time. But now were all back up in the mountains again where it's nice and cool. Why? Because we and many others like it, that's why. Everyone has their own opinion as to what they like and dislike. That doesn't mean everyone else has to share you opinion, or that your opinions automagically become facts just because they're yours.

It sounds like you're saying everyone in a cold area needs to move where it's warm and needs to be close to a home with running water. So I guess that means we need to ban all agriculture until they install water fountains every 100 feet or so?

Maybe you should make it your goal to move to Venezuela. It's warm there, there isn't any work so no need to wander far from you home and best of all, gasoline is free.

#61 Isaac Zachary, Dec 27, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2020
  2. NickHere

NickHere New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    I
    ... back on topic.

Has anyone else confirmed the claims of significant improvement in fuel economy by removing the cat and using an 02 simulator? I'm also curious how much louder the exhaust noise is when the engine is running.