1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Great Tires...Great MPG

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Fuel Economy' started by lmans66, Aug 14, 2016.

1. specialtyneed

specialtyneed Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Ordered from TireRack.com the Continental TrueContact LLR: ECO Plus 88T 185/65 R15 for our '04 Prius. Why a few reasons:
    Besides superior ratings on above post link cost comparison below plus we have all our own tire changing and manual bubble balancing equipment which gets it far better than any spin balancer we have ever used as my '94 Geo Metro 1.0L is extremely sensitive to less than near perfect dead on center circle balancing. Finally the three chain stores I prefer that have best reputations only 1 could order them.
    Tire Rack 78 88 + 15 ea shipping + FREE Road Hazard value 24.52 = 93.88 x 4 = $ 375.52
    Local Hibdon Tires plus could get same tire in 1-1.5 hours but for 104.08 + tax + 2.50 disposal fee x4 = $ 461.36
    This does not include road hazard or mount & balance.

$ 85.84 difference.

Sent by a right hand on a mobile with Tapatalk

2. The Electric Me

The Electric Me Go Speed Go!

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Well to be honest, now that you ask, I can't be sure. I think fuel max..but I could be wrong, and since I traded in the vehicle last weekend I can't really go check.

For OEM tires they weren't bad. Whatever Goodyear Assurance incarnation they were.
    I'm thinking they were pretty "standard" across the line, so anyone ELSE who has Goodyears as OEM's they would be the same as what mine were.
    Anyone know EXACTLY what type of Goodyear Assurance tires Toyota embraced in 2013?

3. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Stevewoods likes this.
  4. Stevewoods

Stevewoods Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Don't know how accurate this Web site is, but they nailed the OEM that came on my '08...

Original Equipment Tire Guide - Toyota Prius

If I was not in Seattle, I would be looking into these guys, their prices beat the best I could do in the Seattle area by around $60....But, Pennsylvania is a bit of a drive for tires....and then to cash in on free flat repair.:eek:

As I said, I had the Weatherhandler FuelMax, which gave me a steady 42.3 mpg at the factory spec inflation PSI. The non-LRR Generals are hitting the same figure. The LRR tires I had before that was 42.3. The original Integrity were 42.3 mpg.

I wonder if I put Fred Flintstone shoes on the car if it would still get 42.3?

And I run at the factory spec PSI because Toyota tells me to and I feel (actually wife feels) the car rides smoother and handles better at the factory spec.

#24 Stevewoods, Sep 23, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2016
    Mendel Leisk likes this.