1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Green car of the year Chevrolet Tahoe Two-Mode Hybrid?!

Discussion in 'Environmental Discussion' started by Alric, Nov 27, 2007.

1. Alric

Alric New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    http://www.autobloggreen.com/2007/11/15/la...the-year-award/

I still fail to see the need of a vehicle that size for commuting or private transportation. I know the argument of comparison. The non-hybrid version is only 8 mpg. However rewarding this type of vehicle does not address the basic problem; consumers that have been convinced its normal to own a car this size.

2. mingoglia

mingoglia Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    You're assuming the vehicle is being used for commuting or private transportation. I have a larger SUV but it's only used on certain occasions such as hauling 7 or 8 people around, pulling a trailer, or hauling other junk around. Now that fuel prices are getting so high I know a lot of people that keep their SUV's parked most of the time. My SUV is actually a 2008 model just like my Prius...and uses Premium fuel. So yeah, I bought it even when Premium was $3.50/gallon.... but like I said, I only use it sporadically. Heck, I even have a 7,900lb dual rear wheel truck that sits almost all the time. When I need it it's there though.

3. FL_Prius_Driver

FL_Prius_Driver Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    I
    The thing that is obvious is that after eight years of the Prius being sold in North America, is that virtually all of the American Company Hybrid efforts have ended up in very big SUVs. There is nothing wrong with making a more fuel efficient SUV. This is something very wrong with the American Hybrid effort having a complete void of high mpg commuter vehicles....while blasting the media with "green" claims.