1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Green news and more V10.10

Discussion in 'Environmental Discussion' started by eaglesight333, Mar 9, 2019.

1. tochatihu

tochatihu Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    This long-running (!) series is a strong asset to Prius Chat. It's not a pleasant task to complain about one link in first post above.

"Why to choose lab report writing service..."

A college course in science may require students to write lab reports. These assignments are to examine students level and (with practice and feedback) to improve them. In my view, purchasing reports written to your specification is not different from purchasing essays students may be required to write. Both are plagiarism. Both acts are end runs around purpose of assigned work, which is to develop, improve and assess students' own skills.

==
    This complaint in no way impugns other aspects of 'Green news and more'

2. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    My English is terrible but in freshman English, I wrote a term paper that exactly followed the reference and footnote protocol citing a Playboy article. I got a B+ and briefly thought it was gratitude for the grader getting justification for getting a copy. But with age and experience I realize it is also the modern technique to lie.

In the past I wanted to cite SAE articles as a gold standard for engineering. But I got stung once and realized a peer reviewed paper has a lower probability of being inaccurate but is NOT a guarantee.

Bob Wilson

3. tochatihu

tochatihu Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Two separate things going on there. College assignments are to motivate one to develop particular skills, by various means improve those skills, and to assess them. As such, if assignment is to learn to play piano, response is obviously not giving instructor a recording by a professional pianist.

Scientific or engineering writing for journals or tech reports is different Goal is accuracy in all things, however it may be attained. Journals practically beg authors with limited English skills to buy help. But reporting only half your data that better supports hypothesis, that is a big no.

I feel my examples above are not compelling. That this is not right place to discuss the matter. Have already delivered a slap on the wrist which was really my only intention here.

4. eaglesight333

eaglesight333 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Sorry about that link. I try to stay diligent on the articles that I share.