1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Green Sticker for California.. is it a big deal ?

Discussion in 'Gen 1 Prius Plug-in 2012-2015' started by Vijay C, Feb 2, 2013.

1. Hi Burrito!

Hi Burrito! Regenerative Farting

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    In California, the Yellow Stickers Days (sadly, now over) were extended from their original end date to a later one by a change in state law. The new Green Sticker Days are set to expire January 1, 2015. It's clear from this thread that a whole lot of us PiP owners highly value our Green Stickers and HOV lane access. I bet that plug-in and EV sales will tank in California as January 1, 2015 approaches. If the state is serious about seeing more of its citizens put these cars on the road, then it MUST extend the Green (and White) Sticker HOV deadline. We are doing our part by investing in the technology -- the state needs to continue to do its part by extending HOV access for a more reasonable amount of time. Who's with me?!?

2. chesleyn

chesleyn Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    You are correct. I rarely use the freeway period. But when I am forced to use the freeway, the HOV stickers are a nice perk. If I ever have a client meeting on the West Side of LA and have to take the 405 home south to Long Beach at 5 pm, the green stickers are a HUGE benefit.