1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

GreenCharge now compatible with Prius Plug-in

Discussion in 'Gen 1 Prius Plug-in 2012-2015' started by PlugShare, Aug 24, 2012.

1. GCPExit12

GCPExit12 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    if there's wifi access where you plug in, this could be a cheap fix...handles 15A of current.

Web Power Switch! - 15 Day Free Trial! - Ships Overnight - From $109!

2. heather somaini

heather somaini Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    We DO have gas anxiety!!! :)

3. priuskitty

priuskitty PIP FAN

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    $4.25 a gallon!!!!!! here!!!!!!:cry:

4. Rebound

Rebound Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Folks, can't we have a little civility and courtesy? This fellow has written some terrific and free software. It is a gift to you. Don't criticize him because it doesn't work on your car/phone. He didn't promise you it would.

As for me, "Thanks! I love your PlugShare app and use it all the time. Unfortunately, I have the Plug-in Basic, so I won't be able to use your cool app."

5. priuskitty

priuskitty PIP FAN

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    oops! sorry, mine was a little off topic too.:whistle:

6. Gort

Gort New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I respectfully disagree with this statement. I wanted to get a vehicle with the capability to run electrically for some distance. The Volt at +40k seemed a little steep and the basic PiP seemed to be a good compromise. The Advanced Pip seemed to have a lot of other high tech, expensive options, not related to its functionality as an electric vehicle, that I wasn't interested in paying for.

However, in my opionion, any feature that enhances the buyer's ability to interact with the electric vehicle features, including software controlled charging, should have been included in the basic PiP.

7. priuskitty

priuskitty PIP FAN

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Stated perfectly! thanks!

8. Jimbo69ny

Jimbo69ny Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    Its a good thing they make more than one type of vehicle. I love all of my gadgets, my entune features, Softex etc. I was going to go with a base but I loved the feel of the advance. Plus I got a killer deal.

To each his/her own.

9. John H

John H Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    If Toyota doubled the price and put a gold colored badge on it I am sure people would buy it .... Lexus.

10. ryogajyc

ryogajyc Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I suggest we show some courtesy by staying on topic and not hijacking this thread and turning it into a negative argument about Base vs Advanced pricing.

The GreenCharge app has been updated. It seems to get the cached charge status now, but there seem to be a quirk. It got my cached start charging status just fine. Then my charging completed, which means the car has pushed an update that it is fully charged. Yet GreenCharge is still showing charge status from prior to charge completion. Manually refreshing this fixes the issue, tho'.

Remote Climate appears to work now (it didn't work for me before), albeit it seems to take longer to start than the Toyota Entune app. Stop Charging still doesn't seem to work.

11. JamesCSmith

JamesCSmith New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    The app looks nice, is easy to use and works as advertised. What's the catch? What does Xatori Inc get out of making this.

Sorry, I am always skeptical of a free lunch.

12. Francos

Francos Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Can any modification be done to enable regular PIP to us this APP? What protocol does PIPA use for the extra Entune app (charging etc)?

13. CharlesH

CharlesH CA HOV Decal #5 on former PiP

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    The Advanced Apps (charge, location, etc) use the Safety Connect cell phone that is installed in the Advanced but not the Base.

Francos likes this.
  14. Ken Blake

Ken Blake Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    ^Which is why these features are not available on the base model. I'ts not because Toyota was trying to "screw" the base owners, it's because the base doesn't come with the built in cellular radio, so there is no way to implement this.

As far as supporting the iPhone before Android, they're supporting the PHONE that has more sales than any other. The Android OS has a larger user base than iOS because it's available on ANY phone out there, even the cheapest piece of junk that barely has the hardware to run it. People buy Apple handheld devices because they want a consistent experience, and they want their phone to work the first time, every time. I may pay a couple of dollars for an app that is free on Google Play, but I am confident that it will work on my device and I won't have to download 4 or 5 different versions of the same app before I find one that works on my phone, only to find out that it won't also run on my tablet. :eek:

sdtundra likes this.
  15. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    Seee ...That's what I don't get. Why is it that some Dev's build apple smart phone apps 1st - ESPECIALLY in light of recent market stat's:
    Android turn four, hits 75% market share | News | TechRadar
    I duno . . . . I guess we'll look into your product once it hits "main stream"
    :)

16. ggood

ggood Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    lensovet likes this.
  17. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    Kinda makes you wonder how they could have such a huge part of market share - being such screw ups and all ;)
    And Apple article defending Apple is like 1980's GM defending GM ... iow - you can defend your ways right into bankruptcy - or you can make a better product. It's the manufacturer's choice - because ultimately sales tell the real story

18. ggood

ggood Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    As a courtesy to this developer, let's not take this thread any further off topic. You asked why development is slower on android. The short answer is money. The long answer is that android is not a single monolithic market and development environment the way iOS is.

Ken Blake and lensovet like this.
  19. John H

John H Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    huh ? You can get any iOS app ported to android on the cheap at migration.mobi

hill likes this.
  20. toerag

toerag Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I downloaded and installed on my iPhone, connected to my entune account. It seems to connect, but gives an error, "vehicle connection error".

Do I have to have my iPhone connected to the car? What am I missing with this?

NEVERMIND ... I see it only works for the Advanced model.

iPad ? HD