1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

GreenTecAuto = SCAM

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by BCS-TX-Prius07, Jun 14, 2015.

1. Taxiridefun

Taxiridefun Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2002 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    So I just called Green Tech Hybrid battery and spoke with Cindy and asked her to explain to me why some of the batteries on the website State there remanufactured and other batteries lead you to believe that their new cell batteries because that's what their little paragraph States and she said she doesn't know why it says that and then I asked her does Green Tech auto sell any new batteries because your advertising says they do and she said no every battery they sell is remanufactured that they might put new cells in but that they're not new batteries so I said them why why doesn't it state that on your website why do you have some batteries that's a new battery and others it's a remanufactured but you don't say that all of them are remanufactured she said she doesn't know she only works there

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    a comma or period every now and again wouldn't hurt, would it?

Montgomery likes this.
  3. Taxiridefun

Vehicle:
    2002 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    No it wouldn't hurt but I was using voice to text that's why the periods and Etc didn't show up

TGrracie and bisco like this.
  4. Montgomery

Montgomery Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    If you use voice to text, you can say "period" or "comma" where appropriate it should place them in.

5. Taxiridefun

Vehicle:
    2002 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Okay. Hey it worked this time. Usually when I do that it just puts the word. In

6. Another

Another Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    If you read they website they are very clear, new cells option not new battery.

7. Traveler21

Traveler21 New Member

Vehicle:
    2002 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

8. Traveler21

Traveler21 New Member

Vehicle:
    2002 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

9. Traveler21

Traveler21 New Member

Vehicle:
    2002 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I got a Prius hybrid battery replaced at Greentec. I paid for the new one (2001-2003 Hybrid Battery Pack with NEW GENERATION CELLS) for total $2371.68. I took a pic of that green battery before it’s installed. After I got back home I noticed that in the yellow “vehicle information sheet” the handwritten battery serial number was not exactly the same as the number on the battery: It missed “R151.” I wonder if “R” represents Refurbished. Please let me know thank you very much.

10. Another

Another Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    With new cells, the battery in total is still refurbished, the cells are new. If the cells are new you should be good. The rest of the battery assembly is pretty much perpetual. Did you ask Greentec?

11. Traveler21

Traveler21 New Member

Vehicle:
    2002 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thank you for your response. How do I know if it’s new … when I talked to the sales I was told the most expensive one was new the other two were refurbished. I made it very clear that I wanted a new one. I called the sales and left a message yesterday he unusually didn’t respond. Why did the shop want to hide part of the serial number? The whole experience at the shop was kinda suspicious…

bisco likes this.
  12. alftoy

alftoy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Can you post the pic of the green battery?

13. TMR-JWAP

TMR-JWAP Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    I like the wording on this. "NEW GENERATION CELLS" I wonder if that means Gen 2, 3 or 4 modules, but not necessarily "new, unused modules". Wouldn't those be new generation? Need photos of the modules, lol.

14. Another

Another Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    From my prior first-hand dealing with GreenTec on a 2007 Camry hybrid (that I bought off lease, owned for years and ultimately gave to a relative who uses it daily) GreenTec means new as in unused and of the latest cell type availability. They make this clear on their webpage if one looks at it. Nothing mystical.

2004-2009 Toyota Prius Gen 2 Hybrid Battery, Unlimited Mileage Warranty | Greentec Auto

The battery they installed in my Camry still works flawlessly even in the AZ sun.

15. Traveler21

Traveler21 New Member

Vehicle:
    2002 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

Attached Files:

bisco likes this.
  16. alftoy

alftoy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Oh well, expecting pic of the modules inside.

17. Traveler21

Traveler21 New Member

Vehicle:
    2002 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Sorry I think that’s all that’s shown to me. Does the serial number help? It’s ended with R151 that they seemed to Intentionally omit in the invoice… If you don’t mind would you please show me what modules look like? Also please let me know how to deleted an uploaded pic. Thank you so much…

18. Another

Another Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    How do we know you’re real?

19. TMR-JWAP

TMR-JWAP Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    All you have to do is provide a photo of the top of a module showing its serial number. The serial number has the date of manufacture. On a gen 1, you don't even need to take the top off the case, there's a nice little opening where you should be able to read the numbers.

I can also tell you, by enlarging/zooming in, the modules in your battery are not Gen 1 or Gen 4. They are Gen 2 or Gen 3. The serial number will tell the full story of whether they are old or new gen 2 or 3.

A few months ago, a fellow member sent me a photo of a Gen 2 replacement battery they had purchased from Toyota. I was very surprised, because it had Gen 4 modules in it.

So basically, they are already full of sht, if they are advertising it as NEW GENERATION, because new generation is Gen 4 which has been out for years. Now, if they mean NEW GENERATION as NEW gen 2 modules, we'll just have to wait to see the serial numbers.

#79 TMR-JWAP, Aug 14, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2022
    Traveler21 likes this.
  20. Traveler21

Traveler21 New Member

Vehicle:
    2002 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have no time not to be real…