1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Greetings programs.

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by PlugLife, Apr 5, 2015.

1. PlugLife

PlugLife Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I have been lurking on Priuschat (not as a registered member) for awhile since my ex-wife bought her Gen 2 a few years ago. I'd like to say I found this forum to be a massive, invaluable collection of information and resources. Thanks to the Priuschat community, I was able to do all of the regular maintenance myself-- I'm mechanically/electrically inclined to begin with but there are some quirks with these vehicles that are puzzling to the uninitiated. Other than a battery, and the driver's side CV axle (both replaced immediately after purchase), that car ran solidly. The ex-wife is a completely different story altogether, I think I was more sad to part with the car, to be honest. I kid, I kid, divorce is never fun kids, don't try it at home without proper adult supervision.

Well, about a week ago, today, I traded my Ford Ranger in (sad to see it go, but going to the gas station every week and paying $50 at a minimum got tiresome, also not having four seats is kind of a drag sometimes) and got myself a 2011 model Three. I like it, I got it for what I felt was a fair price and it's even more comfortable to drive than the Gen 2, I also like the "PWR Mode" button. I live in San Diego, and there are some hills on freeways here that this button seems to have been made to overcome. Anyway, I plan on chronicling some upcoming projects I have planned and posting what I hope will be useful information for the community, to pay just a little bit back of what I have gained here.

Sergiospl, PLSPUSH, Starbrand and 2 others like this.
  2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    welcome!(y) all the best.

3. lifehouse

lifehouse Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I'm on the same boat recently traded my honda civic for a prius and never regret it. I also have '00 ranger I'm going to keep.

4. Reaper

Reaper Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I traded my Mercedes in and bought mine. One of the best decisions I've made in a while.