1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Grid charging between first and last cell

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Mark1234, Aug 20, 2019.

1. Mark1234

Mark1234 New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello, I have my battery out on the bench right now and was grid charging it with the HA charger. I then last night started the discharge process but was going to sleep so I turned it off the bulb discharger with using the orange service plug. This morning I went to go put the service plug back in an continue discharging but the orange connector that's connected to the computer must have shorted out and small little fire. I'd like to keep the process charging and discharging the cells so I was wondering is it possible to just go from #1 cell to #28 cell with + and - and keep it charging? I know the service plug needs to be in for that to work so I don't know if that's a bad idea with already the problems I've had with the shorted wire.
    Thanks for the help.

2. Raytheeagle

Raytheeagle Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Id be concerned about proceeding without further investigation into the “small fire” that occurred ;).

Sort that out first and keep us posted (y).

alanclarkeau likes this.
  3. Mark1234

Mark1234 New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Well I was trying to bypass all the electronics if that's possible. I read one post about people saying cell reversal can cause that. Haven't looked into what causes that but after the fire I went and checked everything and sure enough there were three cells that were reversed.