1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Grilled Cheese & Pancakes

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by bigdaddy, Aug 30, 2006.

1. AuntBee

AuntBee New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I make mine with whole wheat and sprinkle a little parmesan cheese on each side of the the sandwich while it's browning in the skillet.

2. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Aug 30 2006, 11:52 PM) [snapback]311992[/snapback]</div>
    I had a "texas toast" Grilled Cheese at a restaurant recently that used so much butter that the bread became soggy and shrunk up, and the thickness of the crust prevented it from browning properly. That's too much butter.

3. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bigdaddy @ Aug 31 2006, 05:00 AM) [snapback]312062[/snapback]</div>
    Amen, and that's too much bread anyway. I agree it's a fine line and individual tastes will differ, but from what I'm reading I suspect I'm more on the heavy butter side of things.

When I make a sandwich for my calorie conscious wife I often just spray each side with Pam just to keep it from sticking...but I just miss the butter flavors.

4. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Godiva @ Aug 30 2006, 04:50 PM) [snapback]311852[/snapback]</div>
    I make my grilled cheeses almost the exact same way, but I have one of those big cast-iron griddles that fits over 2 burners to I can brown both slices of bread at the same time before applying the cheese. And I prefer thick sourdough bread and Kraft mild cheddar cheese. I like a good crunchy grilled cheese sandwich with oozing cheese. Served with some hot chicken noodle soup. Yum! Makes for an easy 5-minutes-till-done dinner.

5. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    For the perfectly browned grilcheesamich, I use a toaster oven instead of a frying pan. And real cheese, usually a blend of cheddar and mozzarella, with a sprinkling of feta. Yum.

6. markymags

markymags Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    How funny that this thread pops up a day after I have my first grilled cheese sandwich in months! I didn't know that there were more recipes than good ol' American cheese on white toast... sounds interesting... maybe I'll start working on becoming a grilled cheese connoisseur...